How Would You Send A Frame Off?

JoeEden

i am goin to swap my caisso for a vinco and i dnt no how to send it and who to send it by and stuff .. please help ..

Well, I'd put it in a big box, then take it to the post office and get charged lots of money to send it, make sure its sent garenteed next day and it has to be signed for etc. And insured up to the value.

Try a local bike shop for a frame box and perhaps a plastic dropout spacer thing. Get tons of bubble wrap, newspaper, foam etc and make sure it's well packaged.

Try parcelforce website or parcels2go.co.uk and input the weight and size of the package and they should give you an online quote. Order it and they should come and collect. Make sure it's insured for the correct amount.

Dead Easy.

Sutty

I got a full bike sent in two seperate packages for £20, so a frame alone should only really be around a tenner, definately no more than £15.

Having parcels signed for isnt really an issue as they won't leave them at the door if your not in and they will hardly manage to put it through the letter box, you'd get a calling card and maybe have tp pick it up yourself.

If you send it guaranteed next day and it has to be signed for, it will cost alot, extra insurance on standard parcels is only a few quid and should cover you if there is a problem.

Have a look on www.royalmail.com

Parcelforce 48hr delivery is good for frames. They'll pick it up you instead of going to the post office, insurancve is included with the price

my mate waited two weeks for forks from parcel force!

Edited by jsymole

I've sent a few frames out in the past (non trails) and I always roll some stiff cardboard into a tight roll which is just wide wide enough to fit snuggly between the dropouts, this stops them from being bent when my posty decides to jump on the box.. also works between forks. Then I usually bubble wrap it and stick it in a box filled with srewed up paper (old newspaper).

As for actually sending it, either Parcel Farce or I use DHL through my work.