Computer Help Please

Wrayvon

Basically, my computer keeps turning on :mellow: Like I will go to bed, and I will hear it start up and turn on. SO now i have to unplug it at night :mellow:

If anyone can shed any light on why its doing this i wil be most greatful!

I'm thinking maybe its something to do with my TV card and remote for that. 'Cos I can turn the computer on with the remote maybe its something to do with the infra red detector or something.

Cheers in advance

Haha, yeah if you find a solution, let me know. If I leave my computer on Hibernate, it ALWAYS wakes up at 9:18 AM. Which is pretty weird. But yeah, this has only started since I got Windows MCE, with a TV card (USB thing).

If yours is the same problem, you could try shutting it down properly (not hibernate).

Don't rule out faulty power supplies that get triggered when other appliances in the house come on. A dodgy power supply can cause and misregister power surges, so get a power supply thats a bit faulty and it may mistake a sudden drop/rise in power as a bootup sequence and all of a sudden on comes your pc.

My old PSU used to restart at random points after having switched the pc off. I'd switch it off, get into bed then after having laid there for a few minutes it would randomly come back on again and light up the entire room with the blue fans and keyboard and mouse.

My old PSU used to restart at random points after having switched the pc off. I'd switch it off, get into bed then after having laid there for a few minutes it would randomly come back on again and light up the entire room with the blue fans and keyboard and mouse.

Hahaha mine is exactly the same! :lol:

Shut it down and turn it off at the wall.

If it comes back on then, you have Jonny 5 as a computer.

Plus, it eliminates people stealing your internet if you have unprotected wireless.

I don't have unprotected wireless, i'm not providing my neighbours with internet! :lol:

And I currently am turning it off at the wall, but thats what I don't want to do :P