New Ribo As-1 Trials Shoe

AdamR28

LMAO!!!!

This cracks me up "REAL" Ribo shoes? why wheres all the fake ones? :S at the end of the day i only use "trials" shoes for WBC, but i have to admit, some shoes look better than others, and peoples tastes differ.

i remember Ali C wearing a pair similar to these, they looked like he had slippers on!!!! the Ribo Ksas ones that are White, now they "LOOK" like a normal everyday "trainer" style shoe, the ones Ben Savage has had on. not some Monty/Koxx/Ribo pixie boot (Y):lol:

Wayne.

lol, those ksas ones look like someone stepped on a dead zebra! not pretty :mellow:

New Ribos are cool, a lot of thought has gone into them, and £80 isnt bad for a hand made pair of shoes made by Mr Ribo himself, most skate shoes are arond £80 and can be made in some sweatshop in china somwhere.

maybe this is why trials is so un trendy/has no style.

i take a look at people who look "kool" heres my list:

Akrigg

Ashton

Boon (his dress sense is "different")

Mike (Leedstrials)

John Shrewsbury

the list could go on, but them riders alone have style and a "cool" way to dress and show trials, do they wear pixie boots?????

Trials looks "coolest" when people are enjoying themselves riding for the sake of riding and NOT obiding to rules and being told to buy gash looking shoes :lol: i have to watch what i say and do, where is all the fun? bring back the old days, when ashton,hawzee,akrigg,tongue etc etc turned upto comps.

someone name me someone "cool" who wears pixie boots, tracksuit bottoms and a t-shirt advertising a company? you have to be sensible about the candidates too, and pictures to prove "coolness"

Wayne.

lol, those ksas ones look like someone stepped on a dead zebra! not pretty :mellow:

New Ribos are cool, a lot of thought has gone into them, and £80 isnt bad for a hand made pair of shoes made by Mr Ribo himself, most skate shoes are arond £80 and can be made in some sweatshop in china somwhere.

:lol: haha agree with you there Ali the k-sas do look gash and i was not happy atall with my black Ribo's i bought from koxx uk as the material used fell apart and it wore through on the sides to holes etc, Hate them or love them the "real" ribo's are ace to ride in, i think they look mint and are defo longer lasting. Good on you guys (Y)

im confused by what you are telling me hugh.

ribo's are ribo's or am i missing the point? or is this a publicity thread that i shouldnt be in?

iv only ever used monty and koxx boots, and from what i can tell the monty boots have the same sole as ribo's? and shoes are shoes, i prefer to wear skate style shoes like globe and vans etc. what your trying to tell me is "THIS" pair of ribo's are worth £80, so i look cool? ride better? people are entitled to their opinions.

Wayne

http://skate.vans.com/SHOES/special.html Cool shoes (Y):) IMO, but they do do some poor "boots" too. iv got an idea, why dont you ask them to make a "trainer" style Ribo with alot of coolness that more people would like to wear???(i know alot of people wear ribo/monty boots etc etc now,just a mutual idea)

Edited by Waynio

They don't look like disco boots :P

The colour is understated we think, surely that's better than bright yellow/blue/red?

Cheers

Adam

Disco boots and bowling shoes *** :lol: .

But, i also like these new style shoes! I like the idea of the the strap around the leg instead of the neoprene sock (Y) ...

someone name me someone "cool" who wears pixie boots, tracksuit bottoms and a t-shirt advertising a company?

Me, im well cool B) . Haha...

Cheers,

Joe.

Edited by joe b

Akrigg

Ashton

Mike (Leedstrials)

John Shrewsbury

the list could go on, but them riders alone have style and a "cool" way to dress and show trials, do they wear pixie boots?????

Trials looks "coolest" when people are enjoying themselves riding for the sake of riding and NOT obiding to rules and being told to buy gash looking shoes :lol: i have to watch what i say and do, where is all the fun? bring back the old days, when ashton,hawzee,akrigg,tongue etc etc turned upto comps.

someone name me someone "cool" who wears pixie boots, tracksuit bottoms and a t-shirt advertising a company? you have to be sensible about the candidates too, and pictures to prove "coolness"

Wayne.

yeh but your definition of ''coolness'' is different to everyone elses? (thats not meant to sound like it does) but koolness is subjective surely? but i know i (and probbaly people from around my area) would think people in trackies and a t shirt would look ''cooler'' than people in skinny jeans and skate shoes..

Akrigg

Ashton

Mike (Leedstrials)

John Shrewsbury

Wayne.

Ugh!

How can a sport have a trend and a style!?

I've never read so much dribble in all my life. They're shoes! Why not just ride without a helmet becuase it's 'cooler'.

ok, coolness in my opinion is the people on that list and that list contains one of the main people who got trials where it is today?

i would really like to see someones "real" ribo's rub through on the sides then see what people think to that waste of £80? :S

is the design of the new ones taken the rubbing through factor in? if they have then great (Y) but if you ride and your feet touch your cranks or chainstays or slave cylinders your bound to rub through your shoes 1st. it is weird though how my skate style shoes dont rub through and some trials shoes do :S

cos people like you JT! will never own or have enough style to appreciate it. :lol:(Y) haha. tell me what you do for trials to make it better? apart from break walls in pieces? and do damage to objects that cause people to get upset and grumble?

Wayne.

i do rub the crank arms really bad and my k-sas style shoes (black and silver) showed signs of wear on the inners in a week! The silver had rubbed/peeled off, the new suede ones i have havent shown any real signs of wear like my others did.

cos people like you JT! will never own or have enough style to appreciate it. :lol:(Y) haha. tell me what you do for trials to make it better? apart from break walls in pieces? and do damage to objects that cause people to get upset and grumble?

How do you own style?

Anyway, i have no idea who the people are in the list you mentioned above. Nor do i think they're 'cool', or 'uncool'. I don't judge people on how they ride, what they wear, what riding style they have or how good they are. What matters is their attitude to the sport, and their personality. I'm sure the people you mentioned meet my standards to be 'cool'. But you pretty much said "Rider x y and z don't wear ribos, they're cool, so why do people wear them?".

Just becuase, someone like me, chooses to wear ribos becuase i find them to be a good shoe for riding (i have my reasons) makes you think i'm uncool is frankly a big worry, especially when your so high up in the sport, and somewhat represtent trials with that attitdue. It's crazy.

I can't be bothered to read these essays but, I'm after functionality, not looking to have a fashion contest and stick out, on the other hand I'm not looking to blend into the crowds. Everything in trials is to do with aesthetics and I think people need to start looking at it from a slightly different angle. (maybe how functional things are?).

im not saying its un cool or cool to wear JUST trials shoes, but the moral of this thread is a blatant advertisement of ribo shoes, but then when it comes to ALL ribo shoes its JUST these 1 particular pair that tartybikes sell.

the world is full of opinions buddy (Y):) i aint high up in trials. im far from that. i just appreciate when people ask me how to do things and take honest independant advice.

Wayne.

Jeeze Wayne!

Just because somone doesn't dress in 'different' (or the same if u look at all the other people wearing skinnies and skater shoes) way, doesn't mean they are not cool! People choose to wear these shoes because they are prectical, and guess what?! They can still have a personality and be a 'cool' person. Ooo wow Martyn Ashton has done so much for the sport, i bet you would still think he was cool if he wore Ribo's!

Come on, wether YOU like the look of them or not doesn't mean anyone is more or less cool (unless you judge people on the shoes they wear, which wud be f*cking sad)!

Anyway, rant aside, i love the shoes, they look really good in the flesh and ARE practical.

Edited by philking

Ooo wow Martyn Ashton has done so much for the sport, i bet you would still think he was cool if he wore Ribo's!

He never would though! Have you read his rant a few months back about the lack of fashion in trials? To be honest I'm with Wayne on this one, trials has some really weird 'fashions'. I mean like fluoro rims, stupid-looking shoes, anodised everything. It's not cool, and I'm not quite sure why it's come about.

Trials will never be a cool sport when people are wearing Ribos. FACT! :lol:

who cares?

just ride and have fun

;)

exactly lol, i dont quite know how "coolness" got into this thread but i use ribo's because there what i like and they perform great and i feel comfy in them. Coolness doesn't come into it haha.

Trials will never be a cool sport when people are wearing Ribos. FACT! :lol:

Well if you are all so worried about how cool you look then why not stop doing trials and become fashion models? If you don't enjoy riding trials because you are worried about people thinking you aren't cool because some people choose to wear practical riding gear, then you have a problem.

Just because Ashton says we shouldn't wear Ribo's doesn't mean we shouldn't. I mean yeah he has done a lot for his side of the sport, but a lot has come on in the competition scene, especially in terms of what is availabe to us as amatuer riders, and why not make the most of it? Yeah of course you can live in the old school if you feel your joints are a bit too creaky to keep up with us younge ones :P Jokes aside though, i think ribos are cool, much cooler than skater shoes, and who are you to tell me they aren't?

I agree, do/say/wear what you want. Don't be a fashion whore. But that's not really my point - it's not that trials riders don't have any fashions, it's just that there's some really weird ones (fluoro stuff etc like I said before).

The thing with trials that makes it mostly uncool is that the 'best' riders these days are the ones who get that extra half an inch, basically every little helps. So if your disco shoes (I like that name!) make you go 1mm higher, they are worth it. You'd never get that sort of attitude in BMX. I'm not worried about being cool - I'm 22, farrr too old for all that. But I do agree with Martyn when he said trials has a bit of an image problem :)

My point is, people should NOT be forced into fashion, and thats sort of what is happening.

i agree with people wearing what they want, thats all kool, BUT as a "stereotypical" image of a trouble causer/chav etc, what do they commonly wear etc?

i personally dont care how other people look, i just dont feel the force of 2/3 people riding for a company promoting a shoe is fair advertising? specially when one of them people is saying "other" ribo shoes are shit?

Wayne.

i wear trakkies at comps for better flexibility etc, i dont wear them 24/7 as i prefer to go out riding as casual as ever, just in case theres a pub close and a beer calls. you cant beat a good beer after a chilling session (obviously NOT driving home afterwards!)

I wear trackies with the cotton lining cut out, result?, Mega cool, but still fairly protective.

I also have a green tarty t-shirt, which I got free. I asked for green because my bike has a few green bits on it. That is the extent of my fasion horeism.

I wear trackies with the cotton lining cut out, result?, Mega cool, but still fairly protective.

***!

shame i am too fat to actually wear the customised pair. anorexia, here we go!

also: i don't care if i am dressed like a spastic when i ride. i ride a long, low bike with small gears and no seat. also sucks to ruin my nice(r ) clothes riding in them.

i just wear whatever... no biggie. ribos are compulsory though.