New Ribo As-1 Trials Shoe

AdamR28

Ha ha, James you make me laugh. Lets all wear skin tight Lycra and dance around our bikes before comps!

I can't comment on the Ribos or any other trials specific shoes as i haven't worn or used them. I have inspected Chai's smelly left boot before out of interest and can see how they are useful.

I much prefer my Globes as they're comfortable, 'cool' looking cost under £40 (i get them slightly cheaper as they don't sell loads of size 13). Recently i have been wearing my K-swiss trainers as the Globe's got wrecked river jumping ...opps.

Ride in what you like really as long as the rider is having fun.

Anyway... why do you have to wear such specific shoes for certain comps? Please explain - Waynio?

At the EBTC i wear whatever i like.

Rob

i just dont feel the force of 2/3 people riding for a company promoting a shoe is fair advertising? specially when one of them people is saying "other" ribo shoes are shit?

surely though that's their job? :P Thats like not putting a good word about aire valley in about their new deals, good service, new parts etc.

Anyway im not a fashion whore, check out my vids to see that. I wear clothes that do the job well, ie in winter I have my technicals tech tee - fast wicking, dual hydrophobic-hydroabsorbic (that the word?) layer and good thermal retention. 3/4, lightweight baggy shorts with lots of room for movement and my ribos, nice and grippy, personally comfy and pretty secure on my feet. If i had money and rode alot in the rain, id get sealskinz socks too but at the moment i cba :P

The stuff I've mentioned ^^ all are different colours and look terribly gash when cobbled together, but they work so i dont care. I bet i look stupid riding a bike with no seat anyway so meh, lets go the whole hog too eh?

Adam gave me my ribos on the weekend. Slightly different feel on the inside, but after about 20 minutes I was really used to them. They feel alot thinner than the last ones (even though mine were 2 sizes too big) but still feel pretty grippy :D The rathcet system seems a bit beefier and the ankle support...well its not really a support, its just like a big bit of paddage to go round your ankle lol. Adam showed me a good way of strapping that on because otherwise it does restrict movement, bigtime!

• 2 weeks later...
They feel alot thinner than the last ones (even though mine were 2 sizes too big) but still feel pretty grippy :D The rathcet system seems a bit beefier and the ankle support...well its not really a support, its just like a big bit of paddage to go round your ankle lol. Adam showed me a good way of strapping that on because otherwise it does restrict movement, bigtime!

Love mines! Very light, and super rigid soles! It's a different world when kicking the pedals, like moving from a shimano freewheel to a tensile! (Y)

Remind me not to use regular shoes ever again. Plus they are discreet and prevent malleol bashing with maggy cylinders...

Love mines! Very light, and super rigid soles! It's a different world when kicking the pedals, like moving from a shimano freewheel to a tensile! (Y)

Remind me not to use regular shoes ever again. Plus they are discreet and prevent malleol bashing with maggy cylinders...

:P

or from a blue t shirt to a red one :P

i dunno which freewheel i would rather have lol

martyn ashton = tard FACT

ribos have grown on me slowly

Edited by alex!beastytrials

martyn ashton = tard FACT

HAHA. I won't even begin.

I don't think the trackies/boots style of clothes does trials any favours. It's wierd enough looking as it is! For street anyway.

I guess it's better for everyone if the public see it as more "normal" i.e jeans and a tshirt. Rather than "chavvy" adidas tracksuit bottoms and such. So I agree with Ashton.

But people can ride in or buy whatever they feel comfortable in I guess, as long as they're riding.

I wear that i'm given by howies (let's face it..awesome clothes :lol:) or just clothes which I wear in my day to day life anyway, whatever that might be. Means I can go to the pub after a ride and not look or feel different to normal, and we often do :D

Do the majority of riders wear trackies when they're out with their mates?! Or is it specific "sports" clothing..because they're out riding?

^^^

baggy jeans, animal tee, skate shoes ***.

ive changed my opinion on these ribos abit after getting a good look at stans and waddys, they dont look that different when trousers cover the top clip, yet they are light, thin and waterproof.

i would wear them if they were around 50 quid, 80 still takes the piss imo

He never would though! Have you read his rant a few months back about the lack of fashion in trials? To be honest I'm with Wayne on this one, trials has some really weird 'fashions'. I mean like fluoro rims, stupid-looking shoes, anodised everything. It's not cool, and I'm not quite sure why it's come about.

Trials will never be a cool sport when people are wearing Ribos. FACT! :lol:

shut up tomm lol ribos are good. extra grip and a perfect fit, as opposed to skate shoes which grip well but are a rubbish loose fit.

ok, coolness in my opinion is the people on that list and that list contains one of the main people who got trials where it is today?

i would really like to see someones "real" ribo's rub through on the sides then see what people think to that waste of £80? :S

is the design of the new ones taken the rubbing through factor in? if they have then great (Y) but if you ride and your feet touch your cranks or chainstays or slave cylinders your bound to rub through your shoes 1st. it is weird though how my skate style shoes dont rub through and some trials shoes do :S

cos people like you JT! will never own or have enough style to appreciate it. :lol:(Y) haha. tell me what you do for trials to make it better? apart from break walls in pieces? and do damage to objects that cause people to get upset and grumble?

Wayne.

u shuda have seen mine, there were massive 1" holes in them were my ankle rubbed on the crank.

i love the new ribos, i love riding in trials shoes, it just feels erm better.

just thort then, has anybody ever seen stan in a pair of jeans?