Trials Tips And Secrets

Toby3448

A place to share your tips to improve your riding

i have a couple 1. clean your tar off your rims every couple of weeks , gives better braking removes buildup of tar

2. shuffle your feet back on your pedals so your toes barley touch your pedals, gives you more control and balance

okay now its your turn to share you trials secrets

thanks, toby

2. - You ride with the end of your feet on the pedals (either end, toes or heel)? You're pretty much meant to have them with the front edge of the pedals in the middle of the ball of your foot. If not, they're gonna slip off so easily and you'll kill your shins, and it's f**king hard to ride with your feet basically just on the pedals.

If not, ok, i don't know what you mean by that.

Tip: Absorb everything as much as you can, as smoothly as possible to make your bike and body last longer.

for the pedals thing try and get your feet on your pedals so it fells like you could curl your toe around the front edge. Thats the best place to have them.

my tip on tar, get a grind then you won't need to clean it for ages. but if you do need to get it off use Turps, petrol or wd40 and rinse it with water.

for the pedals thing try and get your feet on your pedals so it fells like you could curl your toe around the front edge. Thats the best place to have them.

my tip on tar, get a grind then you won't need to clean it for ages. but if you do need to get it off use Turps, petrol or wd40 and rinse it with water.

who you trying to kill

who you trying to kill

? The foot positioning or the grind? Neither sound dangerous to me - the grind is pretty much an essential part of braking if you don't wan to use tar.

Whats up with all these people putting there toes on the edge of the pedal? I've got the middle of the pedal just a bit further foward of the middle of my foot...

Here's a tip - Grow Some...

Nah :P If you learn how to tuck, you elarn how to go big. Even if you can't right now - as soon as you tuck, you can go big.

Edit: no matter how much pressure you have in your tyre, it is too much ;)

Disagreed with IMMENSELY by me. Hard tyres = good! At least, good for rolling, spinning and not getting punctures. And not feeling like you're riding on cushions...

Don't sidehop, umm and get a decent chain

How the hell does not learning to sidehop help?

Just because a few of the more popular members of trials forum start saying that they're sick of taps gaps and sidehops, then people agree with them because they want a couple of seconds of fame. Doesn't mean you shouldn't even learn it!

Anyway...as i said before. Practice (Y)

How the hell does not learning to sidehop help?

Just because a few of the more popular members of trials forum start saying that they're sick of taps gaps and sidehops, then people agree with them because they want a couple of seconds of fame. Doesn't mean you shouldn't even learn it!

Anyway...as i said before. Practice (Y)

now thats quite retarded

Well its not exactly like the people you're on about don't sidehop, but It gets boring seeing video after video and most of the moves are sidehops, not even in a line. I like tgs, just that it feels like its turning into just s

when its too wet to ride or dark then watch trials vids and pick up techniques from top riders.

another thing that helped me was to run a slightly harder tyre, then if i couldnt do something let the tyre down to normal trials pressures and i would then be able to do it. probably more of a mental thing but meh its worked for me a few times.

Callum