Wet And Muddy Conditions

N Roach

hey,

As I used to run disk, getting the brake system wet in a competition was no problem, but know I have a magura on the rear I just wanted to know how to keep it working to its best, when it gets wet and muddy?

(Apart from grinding)

cheers

nathan

there are a few rim and pad convos that keep working realy well in wet like a ronnie and koxx greens , the koxx blues and greens were designed for wet weather use but a deep grind and a booster will ensure good wet weather proformance (Y) good luck at comps .

I have a 2007 Try-all rear 19" rim, Anyone now of any pads that will grib/bite really good with a grind in the wet????

Nathan

Grinding your rim is only way to keep your brake decent when it wet. Best way to keep mud off is to not ride in it and just ride the rocks and when going in between sections carry your bike.

Carrying the bike seems a good idea, but the venues ive been to dont seem to have that many rocks, its more like mud.mud and more......mud and the odd tree stump and rock.

Edited by chocolate_bikes

you do hampshire comps right?

you dont get the luxury of good terrain such as ricks, hampshire comps are just muddy cliffs with trees. probably the hardest riding conditions there are. i wish we had rocks, would actually make the comps fun

Yes

I think I sore a rock or two at Bransgore :P

do what i do...................

dont worry about it, get on with it, it honestly brings your riding on much quicker, if you have a crap rear brake (which i had at weekend, ask brett penfold!!) i just get used to riding things and using the back wheel to stop me or hold me from rolling down stuff.

make trials a challenge, on a wet muddy day, if your brakes slipping, try put up with it, enjoy yourself and try "interesting" things, its good fun.

Wayne. :)

do what i do...................

dont worry about it, get on with it, it honestly brings your riding on much quicker, if you have a crap rear brake (which i had at weekend, ask brett penfold!!) i just get used to riding things and using the back wheel to stop me or hold me from rolling down stuff.

make trials a challenge, on a wet muddy day, if your brakes slipping, try put up with it, enjoy yourself and try "interesting" things, its good fun.

Wayne. :)

I like your thinking.....

Edited by chocolate_bikes