Moe Products

Savage

Thanks for the feed back on the pads. To back up Tim’s comments, the B.B.’s were tested before release in the USA, 100’s have passed to retailers there without problems.

MOE bars are currently under development, the shape and style should be popular with a big % of riders, as with the other components they will be realistically priced.

Ben.

just received some bb's at the shop, look nice, like tim has said its not about the weight of something but "IMO" in this sport it is the durability of something.

i for one am not a rider to complain about componentry that is more designed specifically for trials as there is a good degree of thought usually gone into it. i know that Tim and fellow co workers have put time and effort into their products which they produce.

Trials lacks enough people like Tim who are putting alot of time and effort into the design of trials parts, other suppliers usually copy/re-brand or just randomly choose items to produce with no testing taking place, which can be a products down fall, a product can be great for 3 months but after that it goes pete tong.

JUST one question from me, does MOE stand for something? or is it a name that you have used for preference?

Wayne.

just received some bb's at the shop, look nice, like tim has said its not about the weight of something but "IMO" in this sport it is the durability of something.

i for one am not a rider to complain about componentry that is more designed specifically for trials as there is a good degree of thought usually gone into it. i know that Tim and fellow co workers have put time and effort into their products which they produce.

Trials lacks enough people like Tim who are putting alot of time and effort into the design of trials parts, other suppliers usually copy/re-brand or just randomly choose items to produce with no testing taking place, which can be a products down fall, a product can be great for 3 months but after that it goes pete tong.

JUST one question from me, does MOE stand for something? or is it a name that you have used for preference?

Wayne.

Haha, the MOE bb is just a re-branded First Components ISIS bottom bracket. It is pretty much exactly the same as the one sold by Deng dealers...

I have a set of the Vee pads and unfortunatly they did not seem to be that brilliant on the grind i had on the rear rim, it was fairly harsh though, so i gave them to a mate who still runs a smooth rim and he said they were awsome, soo good that he had to take them off again as he could not stand the noise and they were too good for his riding :S

Adam

Haha, the MOE bb is just a re-branded First Components ISIS bottom bracket. It is pretty much exactly the same as the one sold by Deng dealers...

You are correct about the manufacturer. However the selection of spindle material (hardness), cups and bearings were an upgrade.

We have limited options in some componentry for trials. It is incumbent upon the supplier (us) to make sure the options picked best suit trials rather than just profit margin.

Tim and his co workers are designing parts around riders, a bit like Kona, kona design bikes around their sponsored riders, NOT around big chief who wants to make £200K just for picking a frame and its components out of a book.

More so products and brand like this are very rare and limited, therefore the more rider input it gets the better the product will be. im sure tim and co have their fair share of riders to help with the components they are designing.

Wayne.

• 5 months later...