Uci World Cup Belgium Latest

grantham

Got a txt from scott last night with yesterdays results from qualification.

Slinger

Butler

Burton

were 2nd 5th not sure on order.

Ali C was 8th

Stan Shaw 12th

Scott wilson 13th

the top 11 went through to todays semi.

Got another txt this morning to say that andrei has broken his knuckles and needs an operation on them tonight (N)

latest news from the semi

Danny B top english rider 7th in the semi ( easy making the final ) puting in a better lap than Oler and Cassio

next up was Ben Slinger 10th

i think they were the top 2 from england but well done to Ali C makeing his way to his first World Cup semi

Good luck to Danny B in the Final this afternoon

pic of Danny at last years event here and a link to the site so you guys can cheak it out http://www.worldcuptrial.be/

COME ON TEAM ONZA.....

Late news

Andrie Rode in semi but retired after 1 section

Edited by the organiser

:o no gilles???

giles is there dan and ben travelled down with him don't think he was riding though :P:rolleyes:

great to see Dan in the final again such a tall order just to even make it to one of these finals or semi's for that matter, we just need Ali C and Slinger to start getting into some finals to will be great to see more British riders in a final

Edited by grantham

Was a great weekend, realy enjoyed it. Sections were amazing! Some big stuff going down.

During the men's final there were 3000 specators!

Once i got into it i rode really well, happy with my day.Well happy with beating dan on section 3 everylap and florian on section 2! Probs just a fluck but oh well :)

Was hard, but deffinatly going to do more!

Scott

Dan and Ben got back at 1.45am long day

Danny wants to thanks all the English riders there as they stayed and supported him in the final, Extra thanks to team mate Ben acting as Danny minder in the final, Dan says this was a awsome event and to ride a final watched by 3000+ is just crazy

hope all you guys got back ok

Dave B

Dan and Ben got back at 1.45am long day

Danny wants to thanks all the English riders there as they stayed and supported him in the final, Extra thanks to team mate Ben acting as Danny minder in the final, Dan says this was a awsome event and to ride a final watched by 3000+ is just crazy

hope all you guys got back ok

Dave B

He's was unlucky got to get out of some, so close!, 6th at that event was brill (Y)

Big thank you to danny for helping me out with some sections, helping me pick some lines ( and putting up with me asking about the rules haha!)

Scott

giles is there dan and ben travelled down with him don't think he was riding though :P:rolleyes:

great to see Dan in the final again such a tall order just to even make it to one of these finals or semi's for that matter, we just need Ali C and Slinger to start getting into some finals to will be great to see more British riders in a final

hahaha pat you stupid scrummer.

he means gilles coustellier! ha.

and no he wasnt there.

awesome event!

latest news from the semi

Danny B top english rider 7th in the semi ( easy making the final ) puting in a better lap than Oler and Cassio

next up was Ben Slinger 10th

i think they were the top 2 from england but well done to Ali C makeing his way to his first World Cup semi

Good luck to Danny B in the Final this afternoon

pic of Danny at last years event here and a link to the site so you guys can cheak it out http://www.worldcuptrial.be/

COME ON TEAM ONZA.....

Late news

Andrie Rode in semi but retired after 1 section

Ali C 11th, slinger 12th ;)

best comp ever!

now I have some time to myself I'll say more about the trip.

I went with stan in his van, the traffic was pretty bad on the trip to dover and we missed our ferry, we got on a later one though which was cool. We ended up in belgium pretty late, we didnt have a map though, only some vague directions to our hotel, at 3am we found it! that was a pretty stressful drive!!

The next day we had to get up early and go sign on, this also gave us a chance to look at the sections. The layout was cool, 6 sections all very close together on the beach with a grandstand, music playing and people already sitting down ready to watch...there was a cool warmup area too made from a demo rig and some pallets/cable reels, that attracted a bit of an audience too (especially when the top guys were on there!)

The sections were all rocks placed in the sand except for one section made from concrete tubes, I was a tad dissapointed in no wooden section, but I cant complain really.

Qualifying was on saturday with over 30 riders in 26", the top 10 get moved into the semi finals, my goal for the weekend was to get in that top 10, I wasnt sure if it was going to be possible, especially as its my first ever uci world cup.

The sections were very techy, there were a few big moves, but it was mostly balance that was needed, I cleaned a few sections, but it was very easy to get a five, too many dabs, time, tape boundaries, pedal dabs, they soon racked up the points. It was awesome with the music and the crowd though, they really supported the riders and cheered when they got out of a section. I rode ok, I didnt think I had done well enough, but fortunatly I had just about qualified!! I was REALLY happy!

I saw the sections for the semi that evening...they were HAAAARD! such a difference between qualifying! You needed power as well as balance and endurence, I think I remember ben slinger saying it was the hardest world cup semis he had seen.

I seemed to ride a tad better, I guess that was the time to do so too. I got out of a few sections, but I also 5ed a few too. I cleaned the concrete section both times which was cool and I beat Vinceant Hermance in a section too!!! I got 1 dab, he got 3! :lol: Thats my highlight of the comp!

I was also happy to beat Joe Brewer too and I was 1 dab off Wes Beleay (though he did have the worst ride of his life!)

I ended up 11th, I am VERY happy with that, the top 8 got moved to the final....my future goal is to get into a final, although, the finals were sooooooooooooooo hard its untrue! Kenny is a beast! I cant believe some of the stuff he can do, its amazing!

I hope Andrei's hand gets better soon, it was a pretty harsh crash!

PHILL AND JOE, get your pics up! (Y)

Awesome weekend. This was my first first UCI World Cup so I wasn't sure what to expect. The amount of people watching was amazing, and also with the commentator and music playing all weekend it made for a great atmosphere! There was even a crowd round the warm area most the time.

The sections were good I thought, pretty technical. Was a good feeling when you cleaned one and the crowd clapped. Fairly satisfied with 12th in qualification out of about 26 I think. Top 11 went into semi-finals which was a bit annoying for me >_< and I was only 3 dabs behind 11th. I ended up 21st overall out of 35. I certainly enjoyed the comp though and learned a lot.

The semi-final sections were very different, with a lot bigger moves in but still technical. Well done to all the brits in the semi's.

The final sections were pretty much the semi-final sections reversed which a few bits changed. They were hardest sections I'd ever seen haha, some very big moves and super technical stuff. The finals were on sunday afternoon and drew a massive crowd. Got to watch some amazing riding from the likes of Kenny B, Giaco, Hermance, Benito etc. Well done to Danny on 6th position too.. he'd rode both the qualifiers and semi's so a long weekend!

Other highlights..

Watching Benito bunnyhop the big pipe straight up to two wheels that everyone was hooking in the final :S I think it was over shoulder height...

Meeting loooads of cool people and getting to know other people better.

Playing crazy golf with Ali :lol: They seem to be big on it in Belgium!

Our hotel being 2 minute walk from the beach and comp.

Looking forward to round 3 in Germany :)

Stan.

Edited by cultiv8ed stan