Profile Help Needed

powerz

Basicaly brought a wheel of a memebr on here and was sold to me as il service it for you and get it trued all in good nick ect.

But it has just arrived and sounded alil gritty so i took the cog piece of to find half a bearing stuck on one of the pawls i then looked at the other side and found loads of lil bearings in half and in quarters and the metal cages around them all mashed up, also the sealed bearing has a lil chunk out of it too.

here are some pics: (crap cause its taken with my phone soz) il try get some better ones later as these are very bad pics.

can you tell me if this is right or whats broken and needs replacing please. Thankyou

post-8761-1188379357_thumb.jpg

post-8761-1188379383_thumb.jpg

post-8761-1188379402_thumb.jpg

post-8761-1188379448_thumb.jpg

Edited by powerz

I brought this from Quackers and his feedback looked good, but i wanted to see what peeps thought before i contact him as i know nothing about these hubs, but im sure that bearings shouldnt be in quarters :S. and i cant see any parts on tarty that look like what i need. unless whats pictured is the remains of a sealed cartridge bearing?

just spoke to adam @ tarty and it seems that it is the remains of a driver bearing :(, and realy im best of replacing all 4 of them.

Just thought id clear that up now i know what im looking at.

Edited by powerz

hmm it seemed in working order when i rode on it :/ It did feel a little rough not noticably really, I always just assumed it was because its oldish.. and belonged to wheeler before hand. And i dont think quackers ever took it apart to that extent, so doubt he would have realised! maybe give him a PM or somthing hes on holiday at the moment hes bac friday though (Y) incase you think hes ignoring you.

Quackers has offerd to refund the money of the bearings which need replacing, so im not to botherd just more waiting about now although the hub was ment to be serviced the day i paid for it which it obviously wasn't, anyways its getting fixed so all is good.

Edited by powerz

All sorted now, had no idea it was buggered. Refund given.

Edit: Rang the bike shop where it has been 'serviced' the day i sent it to powerz, and they've given me the money for the repairs which i have now paypal'd to powerz :)

Still, won't be using them again.

Really really sorry about that.

Will send some freebies with the other wheel he just bought off me!!

Edited by Quackers

Yep all sorted Quackers has refunded me the money to have the part sent to tarty & have new bearings fitted. i think it was a genuine mistake. either way its getting sorted now by tarty.

Thanks Quackers for sorting the prob out & that bike shop is shite lol

Edited by powerz