When To Eat

scousertrials

A wise man once said, 'I am Fat Pants'.

Seriously, a wise man called Spode shared his tips with me and a few other guys on a ride, he said eat small things often, that way, you don't feel bloated/full up if you eat a shit load at once, which will affect your riding. And eating small things often will keep your hunger down, and it makes sense.

I say....

eat a shed load of pasties and pork pies and shit before you go out, ride to wherever you're going to take the bloat off and enjoy the massive reserve of energy you've consumed when you get there. Then eat more pork pies and have a nice pint after you've finished riding.

I usually prefer sleep to brakfast so i just go out riding, rider for an hour or so... realise i'm hungry and becoming dehydrated in the mid-day sun... find a shop, buy stupid amounts of fluid and some sweets and sandwhiches then consume fast and resume riding.

Never did me any harm

Hello!

I eat about 2 hours before riding... something like fruit-shake, or cornflakes.

Right before i go to ride i eat some fruit (date or a banana)...

And after the ride you need some old good carbohydrates and protein (pasta, bread potatoes...)

But that's only me.

Tom.

So its carbo load before a ride

If you'r gonna ride in the afternoon, eat pasta and digest at least 2 hours before you go out... that's for endurance, then bananas or dry fruits during or just before to boost up your sugar level during a comp... (well that's valid for the morning, but who fancies pastas in the morning??)

A runner I know does that before his half marathons...

Edited by TrashZen

Hey

Ive eaten loads before riding and never really help... Had to stop about 10 mins into riding as i got this pain...

Eat something that will give you alot of energy...

So ive learnt probably eat before so that you can digest the food so that ^^ doesnt happen..

Or ....

You can eat after you have finshed...

It really depends on how hungry you are :P

Nigel

Edited by shogun_gimp

a wise man called oggy told me yesterday that to gain the most natural energy u can , take a huge bowl of choped fruits anything but banans and put it in the frige and then eat it for breakfast . now u have to eat so mutch that u cant eat anymore then u will get a fruit rush wich is all the natural shugars being realsied and u will feel full and realy energetic allday :) hope this can help u in some way (Y)

A wise man once said, 'I am Fat Pants'.

Seriously, a wise man called Spode shared his tips with me and a few other guys on a ride, he said eat small things often, that way, you don't feel bloated/full up if you eat a shit load at once, which will affect your riding. And eating small things often will keep your hunger down, and it makes sense.

WISE MAN CALLED SPODE??????

Fat Pant's - When I see you in London, by god am I going to spank you for saying something so stupid!!!!

No go sit in the corner and think about what you've said!!

Darren