Woodman Elite

Phreemann

Went for the Ryan Leech, old-skool style bike as I use this for a bit of everything, from just getting around to street, jumping, and trials. Also because I used to ride a lot more some years back, and wanted to build up with the parts I wanted then now that I've got some money.

Yes, I have vertical dropouts and no tensioner. ZOMG!!! I hit lucky with 'magic' gearing, a fairly old pre-stretched chain and a half-link piece, perfect chain tension. Geared 32:18 currently - high for trials, kinda low for everything else. This bike is all about compromise.

But it works! I love it - the way it rides, handles, everything.

Spec;

Woodman Elite frame

'03 Marzocchi MX Comp forks

Hope O2 front brake, Pro lever, Leeson 185 trials rotor

Magura HS33 '05 rear brake, 4 bolt Gu booster, Snowy pads, water bleed

DMR Saturn chainring, 4-Jeri 3-piece cranks, knockoff V-8 pedals

24Seven Supercross wheelset

Maxxis Holy Roller 2.4 tyres

Azonic Hot Seat, Ritchey short seatpost

Azonic World Force bar and stem

ODI BMX Ruffian lock-on grips

A2Z singlespeed conversion

Let me know what you make of it. ;)

dsc01477wa0.jpg

dsc01473ti0.jpg

dsc01475ko7.jpg

Nice little street bike you have got there, I know that GU booster form somewhere! lol

Is she light?

Heh, yeah, that Gu booster with the brake is lovely - once it's on! I don't think anyone knows what a bitch Magura's are to fit until they try. I certainly didn't. I have a feeling it'd be easier with no booster and normal length bolts, but where's the fun in that? ;)

It used to be light, for what it is - with a rear disc, no front brake and slightly lighter wheels it weighed 25.4lb, but I haven't weighed it since changing quite a lot. It's heavier now, but not by all that much. It's certainly no "heavyweight" bike.

Looks luuush! Just needs a phat rotor and disk on the back and it'd be one sexy piece of bike.

Had a Hayes HFX-9 on the back.... Didn't like it. Not enough grab and hold for me. I'm digging the Maggie at the minute; damn they're noisy when they're wet! I think I just annoyed half my neighbourhood. I'd try another Hope O2 Pro with another Leeson rotor on the back, to match the front, but I don't have the cash, and I'm still not convinced it'd be enough.

Thanks for the kind words so far people!

Edited by Phreemann

Almost all the trials riders in my area ride those frames! Heavy as anything, but they like them. Looks like you'll get on with it good.

4.6lb is heavy? :blink:

I didn't think it was too bad? Seemed light for street frame anyway, at least compared to the steel alternatives.

You've got me thinking now. I've no idea what trials frames weigh. What would people say is the average weight for a trials frame?

One of my buddy's has one of those frames and it is heavy! It might be a steel version though. It definitely wasn't 4.6 pounds though! He was also running rear discs too. 4.7 pounds for the Adamant A3 and that's a mod! I think you might have weighed it wrong cause that is unbelievably light! I ride an Onza T-Rex and it was tons lighter than the Woodman. The Onza's not supposed to be light either though.

Mine's very light, I didn't weigh it as a frameset but it really did seem silly light when I was carrying it back from the shop. The Woodman website lists it as 2100 grams:

http://www.woodmancomponents.com/catalog/c...fra&lang=en

Some swift conversion courtesy of Google confirms this as 4.6lb

Is your friend running uber-heavy components or something?

Having just done a search, seems that 4.6lb is at the medium-light end of the spectrum; thanks to Component Weights V1.1 by Jang.

Frames

Ashton Justice Frame 3.5 lbs (Mark 1)

Ashton Justice Frame 4 lbs (Mark 2,3)

Base TA 26 - 4.9 lbs

Brisa B26D Frame 4.004 lbs

Coustellier w/o mech hanger 4.45lb

Crescent Ilions 2001 3.96 lbs

Curtis Elite 2002 Frame 4.29 lbs

Curtis T1 Comp Frame 5.08 lbs

Curtis T1 Street Frame 5.19 lbs

DDG Shooter Frame 4.5 lbs

DMR Sidekick Frame 5.5 lbs

Echo ES2 Frame 3.96 lbs

Echo Es3 Frame 4.2 lbs

Echo Es4 Frame 3.4 lbs

Echo Urban 4.5 lbs

GT Chucker Frame 5.5lbs

Identiti Judge Frame 5.1 lbs

Koxx Levelboss 1065 4.95 lbs

Onza T-lite 3.5 lbs

Orange Zero 2002 Frame 4.4 lbs

Pashley 26MHz Frame 4.4 lbs (Also Claimed 4.3 lbs)

Planet X Pitbull Frame 7 lbs

Planet X Zebdi MK 1 Frame 4.75 lbs

Planet X Zebdi Mk 2 Frame 4.5 lbs

Planet X Zebdi MK 3 Frame 4.3 lbs

Planet X Zebdi MK 5 Frame 4.2 lbs

Planet X Zedbi Frame 4.5 lbs

Saracen M-A-D Frame 5 lbs

Saracen X-tort frame (non-oversized stays, seat tube cut down to 12.5") 4.63 lbs

Mine's very light, I didn't weigh it as a frameset but it really did seem silly light when I was carrying it back from the shop. The Woodman website lists it as 2100 grams:

http://www.woodmancomponents.com/catalog/c...fra&lang=en

Some swift conversion courtesy of Google confirms this as 4.6lb

Is your friend running uber-heavy components or something?

Having just done a search, seems that 4.6lb is at the medium-light end of the spectrum; thanks to Component Weights V1.1 by Jang.

Frames

Ashton Justice Frame 3.5 lbs (Mark 1)

Ashton Justice Frame 4 lbs (Mark 2,3)

Base TA 26 - 4.9 lbs

Brisa B26D Frame 4.004 lbs

Coustellier w/o mech hanger 4.45lb

Crescent Ilions 2001 3.96 lbs

Curtis Elite 2002 Frame 4.29 lbs

Curtis T1 Comp Frame 5.08 lbs

Curtis T1 Street Frame 5.19 lbs

DDG Shooter Frame 4.5 lbs

DMR Sidekick Frame 5.5 lbs

Echo ES2 Frame 3.96 lbs

Echo Es3 Frame 4.2 lbs

Echo Es4 Frame 3.4 lbs

Echo Urban 4.5 lbs

GT Chucker Frame 5.5lbs

Identiti Judge Frame 5.1 lbs

Koxx Levelboss 1065 4.95 lbs

Onza T-lite 3.5 lbs

Orange Zero 2002 Frame 4.4 lbs

Pashley 26MHz Frame 4.4 lbs (Also Claimed 4.3 lbs)

Planet X Pitbull Frame 7 lbs

Planet X Zebdi MK 1 Frame 4.75 lbs

Planet X Zebdi Mk 2 Frame 4.5 lbs

Planet X Zebdi MK 3 Frame 4.3 lbs

Planet X Zebdi MK 5 Frame 4.2 lbs

Planet X Zedbi Frame 4.5 lbs

Saracen M-A-D Frame 5 lbs

Saracen X-tort frame (non-oversized stays, seat tube cut down to 12.5") 4.63 lbs

That's some good information! All I know that he is running is an Echo fork and front and rear Magura louise. Most of the parts are off of his old Echo Pure. I don't understand why it was so heavy! I rode it and couldn't even bunnyhop very high at all. Maybe it was just my imagination. Although I just

got off my Onza so that might be why his bike felt heavy. But my Onza, is not supposed to be light either.

Edited by J Trials 31