Mac Problems

Spikenipple

"USED WITH CLASSIC IPOD THIS CABLE IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH DIGITAL TVS.

What exactly is a "digital TV"? The component cable will work on any TV that has component in. I would have thought that was obvious? :rolleyes:

Don't mean to sound condescending, but have you made sure your on the right have input on your tv??

J

Yup, sorry i also forget to mention that every other media works fine, including movies and other music i have acquired elsewhere all works fine, its only the stuff that has been purchased off of itunes that doesnt work, which makes no sense to me :turned:

Yup, sorry i also forget to mention that every other media works fine, including movies and other music i have acquired elsewhere all works fine, its only the stuff that has been purchased off of itunes that doesnt work, which makes no sense to me :turned:

is their some sort of legal lock on the media that you got off i tunes like to protect it.

If you think about it it would be very easy to download of i tunes play it on your tv then from the tv record it onto a dvd then sell it. So it might just a data protection thing.

Joe

And the dumbass award goes to me, i was just having a quick flick through my songs and seeing what was different between the ones i had purchased and the ones i hadnt, then i realised that i had recently changed my e-mail address on my account and for some reason it had de-authorised my computer, so ive authorised it again and voila it all works fine and dandy :rolleyes:

And the dumbass award goes to me, i was just having a quick flick through my songs and seeing what was different between the ones i had purchased and the ones i hadnt, then i realised that i had recently changed my e-mail address on my account and for some reason it had de-authorised my computer, so ive authorised it again and voila it all works fine and dandy :rolleyes:

Haha, well atleast you've sorted it now.

• 2 weeks later...

Right chaps, I've just got my mac up and running, and was wondering if there is a way of importing .url files into Safari? I basically exported my Internet Explorer favorites into a folder, thinking I could just whack them on the mac and have all my old bookmarks, but this isn't so... Safari uses .html instead.

Help much appreciated!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ipod touch question,

I eventually decided to jailbreak my ipod....

Ive installed summerboard onto it so that i cna add my own themes, yet ive found a theme that i want to install yet it has to be done manually, the guy IMO is totally vague about where the files are actually supposed to go, so i was wondering if anyone else has added some manually or can add this one to tell me if it works completely for them.

Heres the link to the site with the theme

Theme

What ive done is add the actual theme folder you get into:

/Private/var/mobile/library/summerboard/themes/

and i added the default.png file for the calculator into

/Applications/Calculator.app/

I added it there because i couldnt find whatever directory hes on about, and as for the others, i havent added them either as i cannot find the directories anywhere, do i have to create the folders myself, or should i have installed another application onto the ipod?

At the moment the theme works, apart from the weather icon which is still the normal icon, and the calculator does not work with the new theme (it still shows the old theme)

EDIT: Figured it out

Edited by Bondy

Right, my Mac (Powerbook) is being stupid.

Recently (last couple of weeks or so) it's been getting really, REALLY, slow. When I boot it up, it's fine for about half an hour. Then I'll hear the hard drive and the fans spin up constantly (they're normally off 90% of the time) and everything will be super-unresponsive. No error messages, and everything still kinda works, just incredibly slowly. Normally when an app is being unresponsive, I can easily alt-tab or use Exposé or force quit, but now I can't do any of those things properly, which makes me think it's a problem with the OS itself rather than a particular program. The only thing that seems to fix it is a reboot, but then it's buggered again after another half an hour or so.

It's doing it now and I don't have any 3rd party programs open - only Safari, Mail, System Prefs and Disk Utility. I'm not doing anything unusual, and I haven't installed anything weird recently or changed any settings.

Anything I can do, short of a full re-install of leopard? I've repaired disk permissions and ran software update for what it's worth. Any ideas?

Nothing hogging the CPU at the moment (but it's fine and working properly). When it was misbehaving I couldn't even open activity monitor. I think it may have been due to low hard disk space - I only had 2Gb which I thought would be enough. I emptied the trash (all 16 Gb of it!) and it seems a lot better now. I'm surprised that having only 2Gb hard drive space would cause such a catastrophic slowdown, but there we go.

i just formatted my mac and i now have a rule of 'no shite goes on the mac'. but i need a photoshop program! i know cs3 really well but when you install it, it puts loads of shit on the system and slows it down, tried gimp but the less said about that monstrosity the better..

any suggestions for what i could use? or is there a way of cutting down photoshop so it doesnt install bridge and photostock etc..?

I'm not sure about the install options but Photoshop 7.0 (or maybe CS, not sure on that one) is much 'lighter' and doesn't come with all that other stuff. N.B. If you've got an Intel Mac, PS 7.0 will be really slow.

The gimp, in my experience, is also really slow and not as powerful as Photoshop.

Since I posted here last, I still haven't got my Macbook with the broken backlight repaired, due to not being able to afford it.

I emailed round today to get a quote from the nearest Apple repair place, and it turns out my Macbook is covered by Apple Care which the previous owner obviously took out on it, so it's still under warranty for another year, f**king sweet.

Wish I'd have done it a month ago though.

They all do. It's shit!

Anyone want to buy a MacBook Pro 15.4" SR 2.2GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB ram, 250GB 5400 RPM internal Hard drive.

Brand new battery, brand new outer casing, fresh install of OS 10.5 Leopard on, including Microsoft Office '08, Adobe CS3 Web/Design Premium, iWork '08, iLife '08 and any other software you want lol.

Anyone want to give me an estimate of how much I should put it on eBay for?

Edited by nc7r

From my experience in spending weeks looking at MBP's on Ebay, just put it on there for 1p no reserve and let the bidding dictate. I never once saw any of them go cheap and auctions seemed to actually go for more than buy it now ones.

Just go on completed auctions and look for similar ones, they all go for similar prices, I reckon you'll be looking at £1000 or so.

Ok guys problamo!

Basically I installed some updates in Photoshop the other day which it kinda does automatically. Ever since this it will not let me open or save files. However if I drag a file onto the PS icon it opens which is odd.

Everytime I press command + O or command + shift + S it crashes and closes. Comes up with this message:

picture1ln4.jpg

HELP!