Mac Problems

Spikenipple

When looking on finder, one time my PC desktop came up and I could share files between the two, which was awesome. Now it doesn't come up anymore though, I've tried restarting both computers, any ideas?

Is file sharing enabled on the Windows PC? I presume it is? It takes a while for my router to sort out my workgroup after I turn everything on.

Hmelp mmmmmmme m! Help Me M!!!!1

My keyboards goig spazz ad is repeatig smoe m letters ad wo't do the 13th letter of the alphabet or the 14th letter of the alpabet !

m mm keeps stickig ad some times it dose' work ! :0

* Seeig as the ew oes are comig out.....Does ayoe have a macbook pro for sale relativly cheap ?

Edited by Pashley26

God damn Apple s.o.b's!

Just went and got the old 2.2ghz 120gb hard drive Macbook aswell, only had it a few weeks :angry:

It pays to do your research unfortunately. The updates have been rumoured for a long time now.

Meh, I bought a PowerPC Powerbook about a month before the Intel ones came out.

It pays to do your research unfortunately. The updates have been rumoured for a long time now.

Meh, I bought a PowerPC Powerbook about a month before the Intel ones came out.

For macbooks i dont think so?

For Macbook pro's yes, everyone was saying, no dont bother waiting for the Macbook's as they have only recently had an update (even if it was only small) and arent likely to have one until May, i did do my research, ah well, its still good anyway!

EDIT @ below: Yeh youre right, computer technology changes to quickly to even keep up to date, i still cant believe they have 512mb graphics card in the macbook pro, surely your testicles would fry from the temperature if its on your lap

Edited by Bondy

if you waited for the next update, you would never buy anything!

crazy. i bought my MBP just before leopard. still considering upgrading but not sure yet.

also went for the airport express wireless for my small uni room. i was reading features and wireless speakers seems more sensible, as use speakers every-time i use the computer, yet only put large files on HD.

£50 too :)

I got it second hand, quite a bargain too. f**k paying a million pounds for a new one :P

Second question, not 100% mac related though, is it possible to run an external hard drive on 2 computers at once? I've got a 500gb external and I'd love to use it for time machine and storing data for the macbook, but I also still need it for my PC.

Is there some kind of crazy 2 into one usb cable that'll do it?

I got it second hand, quite a bargain too. f**k paying a million pounds for a new one :P

Second question, not 100% mac related though, is it possible to run an external hard drive on 2 computers at once? I've got a 500gb external and I'd love to use it for time machine and storing data for the macbook, but I also still need it for my PC.

Aaah, good skills.

Errrm. I dont know, but could you not just share it if the computers are on the same network? Sure it will be slower but it's better than nothing.

I dunno if there is a USB splitter type dealie that would do it.

Ah right, fair play then. Nice one (Y)

To your second question: No way. But networking it should work ok, just plug it into the PC and leave it there. Although whenever you disconnect the drive and reconnect it, you have to reconfigure for sharing. Not a massive problem but a bit stupid really.

That application posted a page back won't work with my hotmail account and Mail and it's doing my head in. Any idea's, also it says set the outgoing server to 'none' but it won't do it, every time I exit and press save it just re-sets to the last outgoing server that I used :@.

Please help :)

I was lookin for some free video conversion software, and downloaded somethin called iSquint. It wont work or close, how can i kill it? lol.

-Charlie-

Force Quit?

Isquint works fine for me and is a really good little app.

Or you could try visualhub, but i think you have to pay for that, or get it via other means

Edited by Bondy

That application posted a page back won't work with my hotmail account and Mail and it's doing my head in. Any idea's, also it says set the outgoing server to 'none' but it won't do it, every time I exit and press save it just re-sets to the last outgoing server that I used :@.

Please help :)

I have tryed it before and it didnt work for me. I have read that you need the subcription based hotmail account because it gives you the forwarding option thing. Please mistake me if I am wrong, I would love to use it myself :)

Force Quit?

Isquint works fine for me and is a really good little app.

Or you could try visualhub, but i think you have to pay for that, or get it via other means

Its like stuck on the open screen asking me to stick with iSquint or get visual hub, when i try and quit it, it just makes the 'action not permitted' noise :S

-Charlie-

Its like stuck on the open screen asking me to stick with iSquint or get visual hub, when i try and quit it, it just makes the 'action not permitted' noise

-Charlie-

Try going into the activity monitor, then highlighting Isquint and press 'Stop process'.

If that doesnt work, then you can use terminal to quit the process, but i dont know what you need to put in to kill the process, but im sure the other guys that have the mac know how in here will help you out.

Edited by Bondy