Hope Trial Lever Cracked

T.McMillan

Hey guys just wanted to ask, how do i go about getting this replaced will it be under warranty or anything with hope/tarty's? only just noticed it today and i havent hit it or bashed its just under the force of my braking finger, just wanted to ask advice on what to do, it has cracked all the way through, so you can see the black bars through the crack.

Has anyone else had this happen and what did they do about it?

thanks in advance

Edited by speedyjustice

Take it back to Hope, or send it depends how far you live away and they will sort you out. A friend snapped his clean off.

Matt Rushton

It's an 07, so it's probably under warrenty.

Ring Tarty tommorrow. Or email them. They will tell you what to do next.

well usually you send it back ;)

it will be under warrentie i should think just give hope a call they will sort you out.

thanks for your replys, but i dont have my receipt? will that be a problem?

Looks like some nasty dents on the top of the mount :-

Don't expect everything to be under warranty!

It's usually against material or manufacturer's defect.

Not if you stacked a few times and have damaged the lever. Aluminium is more brittle than most metals and is more likely to crack if dropped a few times.

Worth a try though.

Rob

Looks like some nasty dents on the top of the mount :-

Don't expect everything to be under warranty!

It's usually against material or manufacturer's defect.

Not if you stacked a few times and have damaged the lever. Aluminium is more brittle than most metals and is more likely to crack if dropped a few times.

Worth a try though.

Rob

Valid point and that would be the case with most companies but hope does have a outstanding customer service so theres a good chance they may replace it.

Surely the crack would be closer to the dents if they had caused it?

I'm no expert but logically.......

I not implying the dents caused the crack.... the dents imply that it has been dropped and that would cause strain so that the lever would crack.

Rob

I not implying the dents caused the crack.... the dents imply that it has been dropped and that would cause strain so that the lever would crack.

Rob

it hasnt cracked due to impact, it has cracked under pressure of my breaking finger, other than that i dont know how.

Shouldn't matter at all because Hope still made it and it broke im 99% sure they will sort you out if you give them a ring and be polite.

Matt Rushton

By the way it has been sent off and they are going to look at it, hopefully the Hope guys will be able to do something about it.

it hasnt cracked due to impact, it has cracked under pressure of my breaking finger, other than that i dont know how.

So stacking and smashing the lever in to the floor caused no damage at all? The lever is not meant to receive that kind of impact, same as a trials frame.... it's not really meant to be banged around!

I'm sure it was your really strong finger :-

Either way... hope it gets sorted.

Rob

So stacking and smashing the lever in to the floor caused no damage at all? The lever is not meant to receive that kind of impact, same as a trials frame.... it's not really meant to be banged around!

Rob

While in theorey your right, even a scratch on the surface of any material will weaken it, but we are talking about a hope lever blade on a trials bike.

In reality if he has stacked and his lever has got scratched, it has not been the cause of the break here, their(the scratches) contribution to the failure is negligable, i'd imagine even hope would say the same.

Rob

i have super strong braking finger lol

Did you over-tighten the bolt holding the lever assembly to the handlebar?

no i dont over tighten

I was swaying towards a Hope disk rather than the BB7 but this is making me think..

hopes are amazing

Hey guys just wanted to ask, how do i go about getting this replaced will it be under warranty or anything with hope/tarty's? only just noticed it today and i havent hit it or bashed its just under the force of my braking finger, just wanted to ask advice on what to do, it has cracked all the way through, so you can see the black bars through the crack.

Has anyone else had this happen and what did they do about it?

thanks in advance

just got my hope brake back and they replaced the broken part and new bleed etc, there service is brilliant they have sent it back in under a week all repaired, so pleased with service. thanks for everyones replys