After A Beefed Up Chain

planet x alan

As the title says.... Couple of riders i know are using these massive kmc chains, kmc fat or something, looks like the kmc freestyle chain on alansbmx, but even more beefy than that, just wondering if anyone knows where to get these? Or something similar, like maybe a moped chain if one of them will fit, i have no idea, just sick of snapping chains and wanting something that i know i will never snap. :)

Thanks,

Alan

theres 3 kool chains from kcm the sl which if your after a fat chain dont get, the 710 and the 910, the 710 is 1/8th of an inch wide (1300kg max load capacity) and the 910 3/16th's wide (1500kg max load capacity). think the measurements are the space between the link plates. so the 910 is for you if you want the fattest strongesy chain they make (Y) i didnt think they were making the narrower 810 listed on tarty anymore..... i may be wrong.

http://www.dotbike.com/ProductsP2660.aspx

hope that helps, sorry if its overload, guess who was buying a chain at work yesterday!

craig

theres 3 kool chains from kcm the sl which if your after a fat chain dont get, the 710 and the 910, the 710 is 1/8th of an inch wide (1300kg max load capacity) and the 910 3/16th's wide (1500kg max load capacity). think the measurements are the space between the link plates. so the 910 is for you if you want the fattest strongesy chain they make (Y) i didnt think they were making the narrower 810 listed on tarty anymore..... i may be wrong.

http://www.dotbike.com/ProductsP2660.aspx

hope that helps, sorry if its overload, guess who was buying a chain at work yesterday!

craig

thanks very much. should have a go of one of them i think:)

thanks

Loophole L chain.

Most important thing is not to do a shitty job of joining it, and if you have to break the chain, to always break it in the same place. One of the only good points about Kools are their mushroomed pins, but if you're a pikey b*****d and just use offcuts of chains to make a complete one, you're basically ruining the strength of the chain, not to mention causing hassle to your drivetrain by using chain stretched to a different amount.

Alan, just buy new chains instead of using odds and ends of rusty ghetto kmc kools, the last chain you snapped was a kmc gold :sick:

Mike, nigger

yes i did put an old kmc kool on my bike to keep me riding after i snapped the last one... and its far from rusty.

Loophole L chain.

Most important thing is not to do a shitty job of joining it, and if you have to break the chain, to always break it in the same place. One of the only good points about Kools are their mushroomed pins, but if you're a pikey b*****d and just use offcuts of chains to make a complete one, you're basically ruining the strength of the chain, not to mention causing hassle to your drivetrain by using chain stretched to a different amount.

should mods really be insulting people?

I wanted something fatter than the standard kool because every time i go for a drop gap the last thing to go through my head before going for it is "please don't snap on me" from past experience... and so i'd like something that looks like i can trust it more, if that makes sense.

matey spelled nigga wrong, if you use the -er on the end it's racist

should mods really be insulting people?

they can whatever the hell they want - they're mods

anyway, chains

I'll back Mark up on chain selection, loopholes seem really good - alansbmx do them in black without the loophole sticker on for about £15. They're the ultimate slag to split and join on account of the heavily mushroomed pins so make sure you've got a good chain tool.

Gusset tank/bog chains are b*****d strong but also heavy and not very good at going round cogs - you'll notice a lot of drag when running one .

Shadow v2 chains stretch

Mark will be able to give you a long list of reasons not to run a collapse

matey spelled nigga wrong, if you use the -er on the end it's racist

they can whatever the hell they want - they're mods

anyway, chains

I'll back Mark up on chain selection, loopholes seem really good - alansbmx do them in black without the loophole sticker on for about £15. They're the ultimate slag to split and join on account of the heavily mushroomed pins so make sure you've got a good chain tool.

Gusset tank/bog chains are b*****d strong but also heavy and not very good at going round cogs - you'll notice a lot of drag when running one .

Shadow v2 chains stretch

Mark will be able to give you a long list of reasons not to run a collapse

I will ;) Rusts super easy, develops stiff links where you haven't even joined it, and are just generally cock.

I was joking with the "pikey b*****d" thing. I'd have thought that that would have either been obvious, or even if you thought it wasn't, that it wasn't the worst thing in the world to be called and that it didn't really matter...