Profile Cogs

Alex.loves.boys

Hi Alex,

You need a chainwip and a adjstable spanner. Use chainwip to stop the hub from freewheeling on the sprocket, then you undo that big sliver nut that holds it all on there.

Need to take out the bolt on the drive side on the axle.

One at 10 other 2 0'clock (like a clock face) then you push down and bingo comes apart.

Use the spacer to line the cog and go from there.

Exactly like a normal cassete style.

Just take it easy screwing the nut back on.

I hope this helps

Dave

unscrew the lockring, push the cog onto the driveshell and screw the lockring back on

if that doesn't work, perhaps you're lacking a driveshell?

i know that

i wanted to know how to get it of....

cheers dave!!!

btw

i havnt got a chain whip but ive herd you can use a chain some how???

Edited by alext

Could be both the paws and springs. What about if you rotated the body so the paws close as you gently push it in the hub.

Sorry i fogot to say you should push with tumbs on the axle and wiggle the sprocket off. I kinda though there was some logic/understanding it's floating in there.

Least you got it off!

Could be both the paws and springs. What about if you rotated the body so the paws close as you gently push it in the hub.

Sorry i fogot to say you should push with tumbs on the axle and wiggle the sprocket off. I kinda though there was some logic/understanding it's floating in there.

Least you got it off!

i think its becuase i cant actually undo one of the hub bolts?

the non drive side bolt is stuck in and i cannot find a way of undoing it ...

heeeelp

i think its becuase i cant actually undo one of the hub bolts?

the non drive side bolt is stuck in and i cannot find a way of undoing it ...

heeeelp

Umm tank'ness didn't do it then, bugga. I don't see why you need that non-drive side bolt to come off. Only the drive side as thats the side your working on. Just line the axle up if it has moved and twist the drive shell so as if it was all togther and working it'd click, just twsit it and push and it should go in and everything be in the right location. Make sure by twsiting it and counting the clicks as it all engages etc etc. Hope you get it sorted.

Dave

yeah think dave knows the score on this one

it sounds to me as if the pawls/springs are obstructing the free hub bodies path into the driveshell.

ive used a bit of fishing line before to hold all pawl's and springs in place then gently tapped it in, and removed fishing line with 1/4 " gap or so.

Dont see what bolts have to do with it either but again, hold stuck bolt in place with 8mm allen key and undo other with either pliers or Allen key, then grip the axle with some mole grips maybe with a bit of a towel over the axle end to prevent scuffing and turn, then lube the internal threads and clean the external ones and they should go in no problem

don't forgot your cassette spacer on your free hub or it may cause your cassette to lock up! iirc

Umm tank'ness didn't do it then, bugga. I don't see why you need that non-drive side bolt to come off. Only the drive side as thats the side your working on. Just line the axle up if it has moved and twist the drive shell so as if it was all togther and working it'd click, just twsit it and push and it should go in and everything be in the right location. Make sure by twsiting it and counting the clicks as it all engages etc etc. Hope you get it sorted.

Dave

got the freehub in

engages fine and all that.

BUT

i still cant get the bolt out:S

tried two allen keys..

I cannot put the wheel in the frame becuase one of the bolts is done up and stuck there.

if i undo the non drive side(bolt thats stuck) whistl having another allen key in the other side(drive side)its just turns the drive side and pusses the bolt out

its f**ked

getitn angry

vid of it

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KJIoGK9JF-s

Edited by alext

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the video, good idea that. Right i now see the problem. Admitly at the end of the video when you had the axle spinning it sounds like bearings where moving too and not happy.

On the drive side, is it possible to fit it in a dropout, say the non drive side of the frame so you'd do the bolt from inside the frame. Ie: looks like you have 1 staberliser wheel.

If so do it and do the bolt up mega tight. This should hold it nicely so you can then undo the non drive side.

I don't know how you've let it go like it has. Some grease on the threads of the bolts will not go a miss next time as this should help them come off easyer.

Dave