Woohoo

James

Old one got covered in milk so I thought it time for an upgrade.

Thought you lot might be interested, and if you're considering a new nano, me say yes.

Got some really cool features like Cover flow, and the split screen menus like on the classic 'pods.

let me know what you think, thought id be boring and safe and go for silver. After all it does go with almost any outfit..

The old one after I had a little 'play'

gallery_248_242_62881.jpg

Nice and subtle

gallery_248_242_30691.jpg

Bargain

gallery_248_242_24722.jpg

gallery_248_242_7448.jpg

gallery_248_242_9416.jpg

Split menu

gallery_248_242_5959.jpg

Cover flow

gallery_248_242_27945.jpg

I don't like amy whineyhouse, I think the silver will get scratched up from being in your pocket with keys / money even probably putting the thing down and i'd be scared of breaking that small thing.

But they do look nice...

I went for a product red as it gives a wee bit to charity, definitely get a case for it though. Case logic do some nice ones! I do really like mine, ripped some DVD's, now I can watch Simpsons, Family Guy, BMX dvds on the tube.

One very useful feature is that if you're watching a film and it's aspect ratio results in the big black bars covering alot of the screen you can set it to full screen, converting it to 4:3, obviously you miss some of the sides but usually you'll see all you need to see. I dunno if the older iPod videos did that but I was pleasantly surprised by Apple's ingenuity.

Sorry, they do look nice. I kinda want one, but then even 8Gb isn't really enough for me as I like to have all my music with me for when the mood takes me.

There are programs for ripping DVDs or converting video files to iPod. There's one for the mac called iSquint, and for PC have a look for videora iPod convertor.

I quite like the new Nanos but the screen is stupidly small to watch a DVD on, it'd hurt my eyes after 2 minutes!

8gb Nanos are good though. I've got a 4gb old school iPod Mini and that fits nearly enough music to keep me happy for ages on. I'm gonna get the 16gb iPod Touch in a couple of weeks I think - unless I can get staff discount on a plan from o2 for the iPhone.

I love how small the Nanos are though, it's incredible! :)

I use a program called Handbrake, no faults so far, easy to use. It's not failed to copy anything yet, and it can rip directly to iPod compatible files, or anything you like - there're a lot of presets built in. As well as it being customisable.

I've found ripping it at 250kbps max still gives a great image, low file size (Simpsons episode is ~70meg) and very quick rip-time!

Nice ipod, cant believe how tiny they are its crazy!

I bought the new ipod touch 16gb a couple of weeks ago and im really happy with it, love the big screen for videos and the internet capability is really nice as you get to walk along using up peoples internet connections. The ipod just runs really smoothly and ive had no problems with it so far.

The only downside is the price and back of the ipod, it scratches like a bitch, whilst the front wont scratch at all, unless you purposely rub it hard down a razor blade, i havent used a case for it at all and have just had it in my pocket and its fine apart from the back.

Sorry about the rubbish quality of the pictures, i just picked up a really old camera weve got.

Back scracthes (looks worse than it is in that light)

Touch-Back.jpg

Cover flow

Touch-coverflow.jpg

As for converting videos, as said already handbrake for macs and Videora or IMToo dvd converter for PC

Edited by Bondy

Yeah, the back of my 5g is really scratched - from going on a run with it in my coat pocket. There was nothing else in there, it's just that the pocket had a mesh lining which was clearly abrasive enough to scratch the iPod :S It's only cosmetic though, I don't care. Although now I can't use it as a mirror to look at myself when I'm lonely :(

Yeah, the back of my 5g is really scratched - from going on a run with it in my coat pocket. There was nothing else in there, it's just that the pocket had a mesh lining which was clearly abrasive enough to scratch the iPod :S It's only cosmetic though, I don't care. Although now I can't use it as a mirror to look at myself when I'm lonely :(

that does kind of defeat the object of having an ipod

is there any way at all of using an ipod without having to install the filth that is iTunes?

I quite like the new Nanos but the screen is stupidly small to watch a DVD on, it'd hurt my eyes after 2 minutes!

8gb Nanos are good though. I've got a 4gb old school iPod Mini and that fits nearly enough music to keep me happy for ages on. I'm gonna get the 16gb iPod Touch in a couple of weeks I think - unless I can get staff discount on a plan from o2 for the iPhone.

I love how small the Nanos are though, it's incredible! :)

Wanna sell me your Mini?

that does kind of defeat the object of having an ipod

is there any way at all of using an ipod without having to install the filth that is iTunes?

http://www.jakeludington.com/ask_jake/2005..._player_10.html

http://www.winamp.com/player

I got the iPod Touch and have unlocked it.

post-6645-1193935080_thumb.jpg

post-6645-1193935088_thumb.jpg

post-6645-1193935099_thumb.jpg

Sorry for crap photos, take with isight camera.

ive got 1 too.

Not unlocked.

Whart? Who? How? Free games?

just like to add got mine in~NYC with a two year garantee for 340 dollars. (Y) about 170 quid ( 16 gb ofcourse)

? :S ?

:shifty:

Edited by Mod Man Leo

I am not too sure why my Pics are backwards. I took the photos from the webcam in my laptop so its kinda like a mirror effect.

When you unlock the iPod, it lets you put on 3rd party apps / rewrite the iPod. I have also put the iPhone apps on (mainly for mail and google maps). One of my dads students has been developing some software and has managed to controll his iPod via any computer in another building haha. I think he made a vitural version.

I must warn people that if you 'Jailbreak' your iPod you lose your warrenty. But you can restore it to your original condition.

I must warn people that if you 'Jailbreak' your iPod you lose your warrenty. But you can restore it to your original condition.

Yeah, it's no where near as serious on an iTouch as it is on an iPhone.

Doing it to an iPhone seriously f**ks it up the software updates can make it a very expensive brick apparently doing 'irreparable software damage' to it. I think I'm going to have a 'play' with my iPod Touch when I get it next week, can't wait to use it on my University's WIFI network when in seminars and lectures!

Anyone know of an MSN application for it?

Apollo :) works pretty darn well. Things I have noticed since I have unlocked my iPod is that it is getting a little hotter than normal and the battery is running down faster but then I think that is cause I am using it so much now haha!

Apollo :) works pretty darn well. Things I have noticed since I have unlocked my iPod is that it is getting a little hotter than normal and the battery is running down faster but then I think that is cause I am using it so much now haha!

Sounds good. What kind of battery life do you get, realistically?

Yeah, the back of my 5g is really scratched - from going on a run with it in my coat pocket. There was nothing else in there, it's just that the pocket had a mesh lining which was clearly abrasive enough to scratch the iPod

Same here, no idea where the scratches come from.

The funny thing is that they scratch easily yet it's damn hard to remove them. Polished many frames/forks/rims/cranks in my life without any issues, tried polishing the Ipod with no result whatsoever. Maybe it's intended to look shabby so the silly people will just buy new ones?