Anyone Know About Powerpoint?

Tomm

I've got some lecture notes which are a powerpoint presentation. When I load them on my PC which has Office XP, lots of the pictures don't show up - I just get a box with a red cross in the top left corner - BUT some show up just fine. When I load the same presentation onto my Laptop (mac with Office 2004 - I.e. more recent) all the pictures show up fine. But my printer is attached to the PC (network printing can't do double-sided which I want).

So anyone got any bright ideas? I don't believe that Office XP is too old to display jpegs properly. It must be something in the settings somewhere? I can't find it.

I had this problem once, I think it's that the pictures are stored in folders and Powerpoint looks them up - once you move the presentation to the newer version the folders are different so some cannot be displayed.

Unfortunately I can't remember how I resolved the problem but I'm 90% sure it was something to do with that!

Sorry, that was pretty unhelpful :|

Nope, that didn't work :huh:

Office is stupid. Why is the Mac version better than the PC one? :rolleyes:

Its not better, its coded slightly differently. If you make a presentation on a mac and try running it on a pc it doesn't always work properly, if you try it the other way its the same thing. Despite being written with the same program they have problems and conflict with each other. If its any consellation if you make one on a pc and open it with a mac you often find the mac has moved a load of things around and out of place.... ergo macs are shit :P

Can't you download the file on the pc? Or download it and share it across a network?

Edited by Krisboats

If it didn't work by saving it as an older file then the only way round will be to save the image files seperately, then put them all back in when you've opened it back up on the other pc.

Or just "print screen" and save all the slides as images then print them out.

Will take a while though.