The Halfords Topic

Matthew_Gibson

This is for all the people who work at Halfords. To have a have general chat about stuff that goes on:

-Instenives

-the new system

-The boss being a fanny, (you may leave the store tel. no and the name of the person who is a

C*untnot nice to workers, and other halfords staff when they are bored can ring them and ask the person for silly things!)

The reason why thats like that is I dont want that to be on the notice board at work next week!!!

SO talk away!

What do you think on the new system? I find it a lot easier to use. has its down side though. But at least we donw have to ring the till for the transaction number. Also Made a fiver! woo £23 for me!!!! (in total)

I work in Bromley Halfords, bike hut.

New system is ok, bit gay when it crashes/f**ks about but i only used the old system for 2 searches, but i can tell it's more efficient. With the new system though, only one till does cash so that's pretty gay.

My boss is a joker, he's a cool guy, wednesday, he had to count the money in the till again cos he f**ked it up, so he said 'oh f**k a duck with a big stick' was rathherrr funny.

I like it.

Used to work at halfords ages ago.

Was shit. The system I worked on was blue screen and white block type stylee and wank - fresh outa the 1830's as Rob would say.

Halfords is shit to be honest lol

oh my god TF changes 't-b-h' to 'to be honest'

thats awesome.

Edited by Nick Carter

Hey i work at Havant halfords :) Yeah the system is ok (when it works) We only have one fooking terminal on the bikhut place and is fooking a nuisance and they won't give us another one!! bastards!! lol Oh and the £20 deal (pick up before the third) we have now got from the 27th of novemeber to the third of december build 25-30 bikes a day :) hahaha so yeah a few bad points about the system!!

Tom

Hey i work at Havant halfords :) Yeah the system is ok (when it works) We only have one fooking terminal on the bikhut place and is fooking a nuisance and they won't give us another one!! bastards!! lol Oh and the £20 deal (pick up before the third) we have now got from the 27th of novemeber to the third of december build 25-30 bikes a day :) hahaha so yeah a few bad points about the system!!

Tom

You think that is bad! People are going crazy for f**king 20quid accessories!

We aren't installing the new system till just after x-mass.

I work at Newton Abbot bike hut BTW.

Ohh and phone calls one of the cocks that works in bike hut got a call someone said 'Hi i was in the other day and found some nice blue handle bars for my uni-cycle, can you tell me if there still in stock' He actually went a f**king looked for 10mins came back and said 'I cant find them what make were they'. oh my god HOW DUMB!

I'm at Kingsway in Derby..

New system is wank. It just seems to make things take longer than they need to...It is just the little things added up (like having to log in) which can be a real pain when you have people waiting. Christmas coming ain't going to help either...

Also do any of you get that web error thing if you search for something using a description for it rather than a item number or bar code.

We have put a mouse on ours as well as we got so annoyed with touch screen..It has also stopped me going home and poking my screen here

Oh, and if I have to sell /carry/build one more shock wave 550... :angry:

And how the hell do you print out incentive forms..No one will show me/do it for me the nasty buggers :(

Edited by BIG Drew

I used to be a Bikehut monkey, then an Audio guy, then a parts guy! lol. I could do pretty much anything in the store by the time i left lol.

If your working with ok people, its not too bad.

I remember i spent a whole 2 days straight (and worked closed hours overtime inbetween) sorting the warehouse once, made such a good job of it, the manager let me have 2 ex display bucket seats for £25! sweet! (worth nearly £500!).

Oww i don't know what that is, we have spivvage if someone dose the whole process from start to finish of selling in one transaction 150quid plus then you get a 5er so if you sell one of them bikes on the left of the stairs thats an instant 5er cash :P.

Come back Matt you'd be fun to work with. Rob is a legand though.

That overt now mate we can now only get it if you sell a 3year bike care plan!! :( only £3 aswell :((N)

3 f**king quid :@. Right thats it i'm selling one of them to every f**ker that walks up the stairs. Ah is it just our branch or do you notice that bike care plans are only supposed to be given if the bike is in mint condition when they purchase the plan, yet we give them out to anyone that would rather pay for that then pay for a service on there falling apart peace of shit.