The Halfords Topic

Matthew_Gibson

New system = shit. Firstly need more than one on each department and secondly they dont give correct stock files and price and finally they are even slower than the old system! I do love working at halfords though. And the bike hut part time staff is actually me and my mates from college haha.

What's this 1500 quid for introducing a friend all about? My mate should hopefully have a job at my branch for christmas work.

you need to apply for it before they apply for the job. you get 750 if they get the job then a further 750 if they pass their 3 month probationary period. :) I am like a Halfords handbook :$

BACK ON THE TOPIC!!! <_<lol

I got another fiver today, I could have got a tenner, but that ment putting two bike on one account (£200 bike andn a £89.99 bike) then going to the till to pay then comin back back up to do the thrid bike. So I just got a fiver!

The new system crashed today for me. We couldnt suspend orders. So we had to do cash sales (by cash) at the main tills, that ment talking to the customer. walking to the cycles desk. getting there the mamager said "GO DOWN TO THE TILL AND SORT IT OUT!!" He's a wanker at

all

times!!!!

Woo halfords. haha, I work on bikehut in taunton, its not too bad to be fair, most of the staff are legends, and even the managers not too bad, well, not to me anyway, but only because he knows if me and josh left they'd be royally screwed for repairs and decent PDI's haha. I'm the only member of staff who's managed to get paid holiday in the Christmas period that it was banned in!

New systems good when it works, but like everything windows based it crash's every 30 seconds. And incentives absolutly shite now! the only thing we get is 3 quid for a 3 year care plan!

Theres quite a halfords crew on here isn't there! we should all mutiny some time and become the new rulers of halfords!

Oh yeah, I cant remember the last time our repair bay didn't have a sus550 in it, so I now refuse to sell them, I just straight up tell the customer they're shit and we get them all back. haha, seems to work though, they're all greatfull I warned them then they buy a decent bike (Y) everyones a winner!

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...

Think my title is right, i can literally do anything in terms of building and repairing, even retapped a bb shell the other day, all sorts. :D. Yeah, and i'm the only trials rider employee in London (fairly sure on that) so it must be true. :P

Oh yeah, shockwaves are bollocks. The actual manager (now know who the ranks are, the guy who said f**k a duck with a big stick is deputy) called it a shitwave in front of the area manager, LOL.

Edited by Fat Pants

We found out yesterday that we have <30 bikes going out on 02/12 cause of this jay £20 voucher thing. Other than that everything is a little slow round here. Store was rammed on Sunday as well..

And I can't change my name cause I don't have enough posts :(

Had a shite day at work! All I done was change the axel on a powerrangers bike, NEVER cleaned up or faced up!

Has its upside - I got a tensioner/mech thing for nowt!!! not on stock anymore! ;)

I used to love "correcting the stock file"! oh look, this "insert item here" shows 4 on the computer, there are 5 on the shelf, better correct that!

The halfords crew? maybe everyone should change there tf status thing ("trial monkey" thing) to Halfords Member haha

How do i actually change it?? Im too stupid and havent figured it out yet :(

Im not old enough to work at halfords yet but as soon as i am i was thinking about getting a job there if i can...whats the pay like??

How do i actually change it?? Im too stupid and havent figured it out yet :(

Im not old enough to work at halfords yet but as soon as i am i was thinking about getting a job there if i can...whats the pay like??

Well u cant change it to Halfords member if you not yet a halfords employee ;)