Onza Limey 2 Is It Worth It?

Ravemonkey

Hi my name is tim I live in cornwall

I have just started riding.

I need a a bike but im not sure if I should spend money getting a good one or should I get a cheaper one?

If anyone has any recommendations they would be very helpful

I was wondering whether it was worth getting the onza limey 2 as i like the look of it

Is it worth it?

if anyone has one of these please tell me what it is like

thanks

New? No way is the Limey 2 worth it.

Personally if i was just starting, I'd go to tarty, build up a bike from parts, get exactly what you want for a lesser price.

New? No way is the Limey 2 worth it.

Personally if i was just starting, I'd go to tarty, build up a bike from parts, get exactly what you want for a lesser price.

Edit: I'd probably go for...

Echo Pure short frame,

Echo Control forks,

ProII rear hub...

Other than that is mostly prefrence, but the parts listed above are seriously good for the money, and better that the onza rubbish :)

well how much can u pick one up 2nd hand? and what do you recommend as a good bike

why are onza rubbish? i really want a full bike premade unless it is a lot cheaper to buy bits

i am about 5"10' what frame size should i go for

Just got offered a woodstock frame for £60 is that worth it?

I have not got a clue I only really just started trials as I needed a hobby

Hey dude, onza are ace bikes, ive ridden a limey 2 all year and won the ymsa uci series this year in expert, 2 other top riders placed 1st and 2nd in the pro elite category also and another rider placed 2nd in elite. I know you can't always go on results but they really are worth the £££. Tarty's will do you a deal on one at the min if you ask ;). They ride ace, very strong, quite light and very stiff. Also designed and tested by Danny Butler and Ben Slinger, world and european champions there, i doubt deng bikes have the same amount of testing and experience put into them. cheers-Hugh

maybe he wants to

Your posts always piss me off. Nothing like stating the obvious.

But yeah. Why spend that much on a bike if your just starting, mabie get somethign cheaper that you can throw about more and you will have spare money to upgrade it. And you might not even like it. The t-rex's are gopod beginner bikes i think.

Ash~

Your posts always piss me off. Nothing like stating the obvious.

But yeah. Why spend that much on a bike if your just starting, mabie get somethign cheaper that you can throw about more and you will have spare money to upgrade it. And you might not even like it. The t-rex's are gopod beginner bikes i think.

Ash~

shut the hell up

Personally i would get something second hand, its allot cheaper than buying a bike in bits and will probably already have the correct parts for the job. There are always decent bikes going on ebay for £300, most of these would cost double this to build up in parts. How much can you do already? You can learn the basics on just about any hardtail bike, you don't want to spend £600 and then realise you not really that into trials.

Dan

Personally i would get something second hand, its allot cheaper than buying a bike in bits and will probably already have the correct parts for the job. There are always decent bikes going on ebay for £300, most of these would cost double this to build up in parts. How much can you do already? You can learn the basics on just about any hardtail bike, you don't want to spend £600 and then realise you not really that into trials.

Dan

agreed

ok ok no fighting i was just wondering

im sure you can get a limey cheaper than that though especially 2nd hand i saw one for 150 in the classifieds

the t-rex sounds like a good bike but i think it looks a bit tacky with the flames

are the zoo pitbulls any good?

ok ok no fighting i was just wondering

im sure you can get a limey cheaper than that though especially 2nd hand i saw one for 150 in the classifieds

the t-rex sounds like a good bike but i think it looks a bit tacky with the flames

are the zoo pitbulls any good?

pitbulls are good but they are expensive

i can't do much but i know 2 people who do trials in my town and they are teaching me.

i just am finding it hard to get a balance point on the back wheel so i either fall forwards back on 2 whells or fall backwards and fall off.

Any tips on how to balance well on the back wheel would be welcome.

ok thanks everyone i think i will go for a secondhand bike something like a woodstock as i can get one cheap off a friend.

Can you STFU for once? you have posted 4 times in this topic and there all gay replies! any way, back on topic if i were you i would stay well clear of the onza, maybe spomething deng, get validated and check the classifieds! :)

agreed :lol: .

Instead of spending that much on the limey buy all parts seperate. And get a build you want.

Right, Here is an honest opinion. The Limey 2 is an awesome frame and bike, Remember you get a Chris King hub with it. Its funny how at the moment The top 3 British riders who based on this years World championship position ride a Limey 2.

BUT, I would not go for something that expensive to start with. Try a Looking at the new 26" line thats released in 2 weeks. Affordable enough, quality bikes.

Cheers

Right, Here is an honest opinion. The Limey 2 is an awesome frame and bike, Remember you get a Chris King hub with it. Its funny how at the moment The top 3 British riders who based on this years World championship position ride a Limey 2.

BUT, I would not go for something that expensive to start with. Try a Looking at the new 26" line thats released in 2 weeks. Affordable enough, quality bikes.

Cheers

I couldn't agree more, the Limey is a great spec bike but very expensive for a beginner and would be a lot of money wasted if you decide you dont want to keep riding trials.

Still have a look at the Onza range, they are great bikes for the money.

Mike.