Another Brake Question...

Tom3bar

Hello all,

I'm new to the 4-bolt and the new style magura.

I have it with a grind echo rim + echo pads... it just don't work as i want it to work!

I've installed it pretty close to the rim... I'm playing with the TPA, but it slipps... and the magura lever is really annoying - it's just coming to close to the bars!

I have a zoo! lever but if i install it the magura goes berserk! (may need to rebleed it with the zoo! lever but i don't want to - it's brand new!)

Any help, suggestions, info and tips will be great

Thank you and sorry if i nag about the maggies, again!

Tom.

Hi Im no expert but it sounds like there is air in the system or the gap is to big between the rim and the pads, a bleed may be the only way. Also make sure that the pads are hitting the rim parallel and at the same time on both sides when the lever is pulled. Set the pads up with the TPA fully out cos this shouldnt be used for setting them up its only a quick way of adjusting your pads while out on a ride until you get the chance to adjust them properly with tools. Hope this helps.

I see....

Thanks for the replies.

I look into it, it is installed o.k, parallel and pretty close to the rim but it not gripping it enough - could it be bcs it a new rim and pads??

Also i have a control booster, and it won't fit!!

Is there a known problem with the Control Booster and the ST-1 frame??

Thanks alot,

Tom.

I see....

Thanks for the replies.

I look into it, it is installed o.k, parallel and pretty close to the rim but it not gripping it enough - could it be bcs it a new rim and pads??

Also i have a control booster, and it won't fit!!

Is there a known problem with the Control Booster and the ST-1 frame??

Thanks alot,

Tom.

coust pads in CNC backings are BEAST, i was riding in the rain yesday and they still hold fine (with a pretty harsh grind), does it feel spongey?? if so bleed it,