Chill Factore, Indoor Snow Skiing Manchester

sexymike

I went for a look the other day, not only is it massive (around 180m indoor snow skiing) it has everything, a Snow+Rock, Nando's, bars and 2 seconds from a hotel. It really is a great alternative to flying away to the alps, my only question is, How realistic is the *fake* snow. It looks good enough and i will be giving it ago, at £22/1.5hrs its not all that bad (Cheaper before 6pm!) but for £500 for a weeks skiing, that works out at around £12.50/hr!

Anyone?

Edited by sexymike

Um the snow in these places tends to vary massivly depending on if its new or old...but it's never as good as the real thing obviously, it tends to be pretty sticky, slow and slushy then randomly icy in places...pretty rubbish most of the time in the MK one to be honest....most fun to do like kickers and rails and stuff. Kinda like comparing going to a sandpit on holiday or going to a tropical beach....actuall week away would of course be about a zillion times better.

They put fresh powder out everday, which is nice

will give it a go and report on it.

thanks.

It's a different kind of snow like T-Rex said. The chemicals in it make it 1) feel funny and 2) taste funny. It feels slushier but it's actually drier and has 'bigger' particles. Certainly nothing like powder.

It's good fun but it's nothing like being in the alps.

I went for a look the other day, not only is it massive (around 180m indoor snow skiing) it has everything, a Snow+Rock, Nando's, bars and 2 seconds from a hotel. It really is a great alternative to flying away to the alps, my only question is, How realistic is the *fake* snow. It looks good enough and i will be giving it ago, at £22/1.5hrs its not all that bad (Cheaper before 6pm!) but for £500 for a weeks skiing, that works out at around £12.50/hr!

Anyone?

For less than 500 quid you could go to a real mountain somewhere, with 250km of slopes, thats what I'd do :P

Go on a proper sking holiday. SOOOOOO much fun. Maybe go there for a couple of lessons, But then try the real thing, It also gets abit more expensive then just the holiday because you have to buy clothes, etc. but if your lucky when you get good weather you can just go out in a coat and pants.

Go on then thomans, by the time you get food, drinks, entertainment at night ect, its 500 or more,

how do you eat yours, ?

Do you get food, drinks & entertainment at night etc for £500 at this place in manchester? Anyway, an example..

http://ifyouski.com/abs/information.asp?of...date=08/12/2007

£200 flights, accommodation plus half board (breakfast and 3 course evening meal + as much wine as you can drink)

£140 lift pass

£60 hire

Leaves £100 for lunch and beer (beer which is ontop of the free wine..)

Wont be amazing, but it will be better than indoor. First place I found so you could probably get it cheaper, especially if you go to a hotel rather than chalet. We did the whole lot (inc booze) last year for around £450, but booked 2 days in advance.

Yeah I've had holidays for well under £500. For example my uni did a trip that was £299 for transport (bus, boo), accommodation, lift pass. So I just needed to buy food (maybe £40 for the week?) and drinks (again, about £50 if you buy vino from the French supermarkets). Good times.