Leaving Trials

Biff...

Well well, James Richardson.

Met this lad only the once, I have to say he's a really nice lad in real life. We've had are up's a down's but doesn't everyone. We really did hate each other before we ever met in person. Some serious grudge seemed to form between us. Met in Nottingham one day on a big group ride and we got talking quite abit. I remember him asking me if i had some electrical tape and i was like "What for ?", He said "Oh need stick grip back together" Haha. Random as f**k.

Since then we got on Ok'ish. Apart from when i was in a 3 way convo with him and abdab, they seemed to always want to piss me off but hey it's abit of fun.

But overall, me and biff have always been alright.

Been speaking to you about Marines Biff and as i have said before. I wish you all the best. Your gonna' bloody need it in that hell hole.

Hope someday you might get back into riding :)

Take care and all the best.

Danny x

Aye, one of my mates has got his final assessment thing soon too. Think his is in Jan.

aye, Just a word of advise to him, dont give up on the Determination test. quiting on that seemed to be an immediate fail for some. was 35 mins of Sprinting up and down hills, followed straight after with 10 push ups 10 sit ups 10 squat thrusts, then sprinting to whereever. then u had to carry ur mate up and down this hill running. i had to carry the corpral though as my partner fainted just about and failed the course. DO NOT QUIT.

Cheers man, what did you do to prepare for for it all, like training etc?

well ive trained in the gym for around a year not but since August up till now, and i still train. ive been in the gym 6 days a week religously everyday. Tuesday Thurs n Saturdays id run around 15 mile including sprints also include many body to weight ratio exercises sit ups with weight, pull ups with weight, and dips with weights. On Mondays, id train triceps and shoulders, weds id train biceps and back and friday id train Legs. i was lucky to max out on everything when i went down there. came 2nd on the 3 mile run got a good time of 8 minutes 43 for the mile and half. 61 push ups in 2 minutes outer of 60, 80 sit ups in 2 minutes out of 80 and 6 pull ups, after that i knew i had passed but most people fail on the determination test, and al be honest no1 was smiling at the end of that. a few ended up in sick bay with exhaustion lol.

just train like f**k mate. u cant really prepare for what there going to throw at you, also if ur scared of hights ur going to be in for a shock. on day 2 you have to rope crawl across the high ropes which is about 25 feet up. luckily i was good on the ropes and had no problems at all but the lad from the last prmc, unfortunatly fell and broke his back so its all about confidense.

Aup Biff I am currently in my application process and would probably of had my PRMC date up soon but i failed my medical back in August for stupid reasons but i have got my medical again in a few weeks, just curious but what time did you get in your PJFT. Good look with your 32 week holiday :lol:

Aup Biff I am currently in my application process and would probably of had my PRMC date up soon but i failed my medical back in August for stupid reasons but i have got my medical again in a few weeks, just curious but what time did you get in your PJFT. Good look with your 32 week holiday :lol:

hi mate it was about 8 minutes 50, because the treadmill wouldnt go fast enough lol on the actual day at PRMC i got around 8 minutes 40 :)

good luck with your PJFT mate nothing to be worried about just eat lots of carbs before hand :P

yer, i will post up as much as possible to let you guys no how training is going :) thanks alot for good luck wishes etc, appreciate it!

if anybody would like to stay in contact heres my myspace

www.myspace.com/zoobike

Edited by Kyle Hinchcliffe