Reccommend A Vid For Learning A Good Tap Technique?

_Owen.

I ust to really struggle with taps and watching videos never helped for me as you cant see from another persons view what your doing wrong. So may be video yourself trying so you can compare. Also maybe try telling us what happens when you try and tap so we can say what you need to change.

Ali c taught me how to tap when out on a ride and said what i needed to change and from then it clicked. Usually people arnt hitting the wall low enough and when they do there to stiff. You need to make sure your weight isnt to far over the back as usually that leads to your back wheel just slaming into the wall when you try and tap. hen you hit it with your front wheel maybe try aiming for something you want to let your arms come into you. I found this key as otherwise your to stiff, have your arms slightly bent before you hit and just let them come into as you hit it and you just fly up. As you tap bigger walls you need to hit it lower and lean forward more. Youll see on videos soem people tap smooth and some harsh this is usualy down to how much they exagerate there arm movement bringing it into them when they hit the wall, as it absorbs the hit.

Any good videos of mod tapping too? im in the same boat, i can do it but want to get better than 3 ft lol

No because its not right tapping a mod :P learn to bunnyhop youll get alot higher and will make your riding more fun. Seriously though learn to bunnyhop i would say. Tapping a mod is alot hard to pick up and hard to get any real height unless your on a long barge poll which im sure your on the short hydroxx arnt you. I found it wierd at first bunnyhoping but if you keep trying you eventually get the hang of it and its alot of fun and you can do some sweet moves and ride with a nice style. But tapping a mod is pritty much the same as stock, but i think you will struggle on mod to tap big on such a short frame.

if you watch the top levels mod guys they either just go striaght to back wheel doing half turn or bunnyhop you never see them tapping.

Edited by basher