The Music Thread.

Muel

f**k off and die.

36 crazy fist are sooo much better than avenged.

Have this argument most days with people lol

Yes you do, because people are right and you are wrong. :lol:

I said I'd get my band's list off Bebo:

36 Crazyfists, AC/DC, Alien Ant Farm, The All American Rejects, All That Remains, Arch Enemy, Arctic Monkeys, As I Lay Dying, Atreyu, The Automatic, AVENGED SEVENFOLD, Blink-182, Boys Like Girls, Bring Me The Horizon, Children Of Bodom, Classic Trance Nation, Coldplay, Cute Is What We Aim For, The Darkness, Deep Purple, Dethklok, Feeder, The Foo Fighters, Franz Ferdinand, From First To Last, Good Charlotte, Green Day, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Jirob, JUDAS PRIEST, The Killers, Kiss, Lamb Of God, Linkin Park, Lostprophets, Megadeth, Metallica, Ministry Of Sound, Minor Threat, Motorhead, My Chemical Romance, Nickleback, Oasis, Paramore, Parkway Drive, Placebo, The Prodigy, Queens Of The Stone Age, Rage Against The Machine, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Serj Tankian, The Sex Pistols, Sick Puppies, Slipknot, Sum 41, System Of A Down, Underoath, The Used, The White Stripes, Wolfmother.

MUSIC THAT PEOPLE SHOULD LISTEN TO:

Devo

New Order

The Smiths

Joy Division

Interpol

Depeche Mode

Thanks.

Yes you do, because people are right and you are wrong. :lol:

I said I'd get my band's list off Bebo:

36 Crazyfists, AC/DC, Alien Ant Farm, The All American Rejects, All That Remains, Arch Enemy, Arctic Monkeys, As I Lay Dying, Atreyu, The Automatic, AVENGED SEVENFOLD, Blink-182, Boys Like Girls, Bring Me The Horizon, Children Of Bodom, Classic Trance Nation, Coldplay, Cute Is What We Aim For, The Darkness, Deep Purple, Dethklok, Feeder, The Foo Fighters, Franz Ferdinand, From First To Last, Good Charlotte, Green Day, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Jirob, JUDAS PRIEST, The Killers, Kiss, Lamb Of God, Linkin Park, Lostprophets, Megadeth, Metallica, Ministry Of Sound, Minor Threat, Motorhead, My Chemical Romance, Nickleback, Oasis, Paramore, Parkway Drive, Placebo, The Prodigy, Queens Of The Stone Age, Rage Against The Machine, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Serj Tankian, The Sex Pistols, Sick Puppies, Slipknot, Sum 41, System Of A Down, Underoath, The Used, The White Stripes, Wolfmother.

Yes, yes you definately have good taste.

Edited by N.Wood

My music taste covers quite alot of genres. I grew up listening to NOFX and Rancid then when i hit about 17 i started listening to Pink Floyd and Genesis. Now i listen to almost anything, just to name some bands i listen to alot at the moment - CKY, Pink Floyd, The Who, Genesis, Rancid, Agnostic Front, The Enemy, Flaming Lips, Black Sabbath, Bob Dylan, John Frusciante. Theres a load more and i listen to alot of Dance music, i got some cd's from Pacha that i love. Now and again i'll listen to some Tupac. So yeah, i don't really limit myself to one genre of music, i like to listen to as much as i can.

Oh and i love Joh Williams stuff, like the Jurassic Park theme tune and all that kind of orchestra stuff he made! Top notch stuff

I'm going to see Kings of Leon on Friday, Thom Yorke deserves a mention for possibly one of the greatest albums last year, an In Rainbows is set to be a great album.

Kings of Leon are SICK live. Saw them at Reading and all their tunes were just so epic. Awesome stuff.

currently listening to .e.t - hole in my heart.

i listen to grime and hip hop. most of the grime is just my friends music so you probably wont of heard or any of it. hip hops just the usual stuff. check out my mate ethan if you like grime, www.myspace.com/etboss

Shits prettyy good. Reccomend some more hip hop/grime from mates that i wouldnta heard of?

I personally love most styles of music. Been to see Manic Street Preachers & Maximo Park, along with world famous DJ's.

Again, Maximo park are awesome live too. Seen them twice an that never gets old.

I'm mainly into Hip Hop and grime. Uk Stuff mainly: Jehst, Task Force, Black Twang, Phi Life Cypher, Brother Ali, Skinnyman, Chynaman, Foreign Beggars, Plan B, Example, Braintax, Klashnekoff, Akala, Marvin The Martian, Lavs Lab, Roots Manuva, Sage Francis, Wordsmith etc etc

Thats where my love lies but i also like indie alot. Go to alot of local live indie gigs and i'm pretty involved with the live music scene around Watford.

Because it's funny to argue.

For once, I agree with you. :lol:

But your taste in music sucks. LOL @ your taste in music.

On a happier note, I've got another 80gb HD in my comp today! Needs filling somehow...

Recommend me some bands people, I'm well into looking for new stuff at the moment. Youtube is a great tool.

Am I balls!

Just using it to get a preview of the bands work, then I can buy the CD's from somewhere.

I use Winamp at the moment, and I run my computer through my HiFi, sound quality is not a problem. :P

Or volume.

Now i listen to almost anything, , John Frusciante. Oh and i love Joh Williams stuff, like the Jurassic Park theme tune and all that kind of orchestra stuff he made! Top notch stuff

Yeah you did, John Frusciante is another musician that deserves special mention, perhaps not as the guitarist of the chili peppers, but for his solo work and work with Ataxia. Are you a fan of the mars Volta at all? (obvious connection).

John Williams does also deserve his mention and if we're going in that vain then Ennio Morricone should be heard.

Am I balls!

Just using it to get a preview of the bands work, then I can buy the CD's from somewhere.

I use Winamp at the moment, and I run my computer through my HiFi, sound quality is not a problem. :P

Or volume.

Sound quality is only as good as the file though, I run mine through my P.A system, no matter what I do with the mixer YouTube always sounds shite :)

But if you're not ripping from there then it's all good :)

Sound quality is only as good as the file though, I run mine through my P.A system, no matter what I do with the mixer YouTube always sounds shite :)

But if you're not ripping from there then it's all good :)

You should here youtube on this, sounds like I'm playing it off my phone then into a microphone.

Winamp sounds proskin.

Anything under 192kbps tends to sound gash... That's why DJ music websites only sell tracks at 192 or 320, anything under that played on a big system sounds awful, muffled bass and hardly any high end, just loads of mid.

PooTube seems to go the other way and cut mid out, leaving you muffled bass and loads of high end screeching.

Obviously depends on the video as well, if someone uploads something off a camera phone its usually not worth watching / hearing!

Anything under 192kbps tends to sound gash... That's why DJ music websites only sell tracks at 192 or 320, anything under that played on a big system sounds awful, muffled bass and hardly any high end, just loads of mid.

PooTube seems to go the other way and cut mid out, leaving you muffled bass and loads of high end screeching.

Obviously depends on the video as well, if someone uploads something off a camera phone its usually not worth watching / hearing!

I agree, I can really tell the difference between tracks at 192 and 320, so I always rip at 320 now.

I also run two equalizers, one on Winamp and one on my HiFi, I know it usually sounds gash with two, but I have both set rather soft, so it works really well for me.