Echo Freewheels

Ben b

Well they virtually have the same internals as White Industries ENO freewheel, but for some reason they skip more. Enos arent perfect anyway as mine has skip 3 times so far (skipped twice whilst practicing pedal-kicks up a steep hill). so they are not 100% skip proof.

Edited by Rusevelt

The first batch were faulty, the pawls were shearing through the ratchets because the outer teeth were made of poop metal. From what I gather, that's been solved now and I think Tarty Adam was using one that he modified to give him 108 engagements so they must be pretty good quality.

The first batch were faulty, the pawls were shearing through the ratchets because the outer teeth were made of poop metal. From what I gather, that's been solved now and I think Tarty Adam was using one that he modified to give him 108 engagements so they must be pretty good quality.

I believe that was a combination of an Eno freewheel and an Echo, and only the bearing section was Echo.

I just can't remember if engagements were physically added by putting in 19 ratchets, or if it had 3 sests of 3 pawls, rather than 2 sets of 3.

Get one , seriously you wont be dissapointed , Im not just saying that because I ride for deng , I was giving it loads of power when i had my 20" no

signs of weakness. The only time it skipped was literally the first time i stepped on the bike and rode a couple of yards , after that its been perfect. Never

touched it or cleaned it etc. (Y)

Deonn.

Edited by Deonn h

The first batch were faulty, the pawls were shearing through the ratchets because the outer teeth were made of poop metal. From what I gather, that's been solved now and I think Tarty Adam was IS using one that he modified to give him 108 engagements so they must be pretty good quality.

;)

f**k me!!!!!!!!!!!! thats the biggest copy of an eno iv ever seen! :o its identicle appart from the bb tool bit.... you cold probs run the teeth of an eno, solve all problems if they are still weak on the echos lol i may get one actualy.... they look good