Ufc/cage Fighting Thread.

Al_Fel

Did anyone watch the Ultimate fighter final last night? I thought it was a great card with loads of really good match ups. The fight of the night had to be Warmachine v J-Rock that was a slugfest and the win at the end just came out of nowhere. I think Mac Dansig is going to do well when he drops down to lightweight he made Tommy Spear look pretty pathetic.

Another thing is i'm stupidly excited about GSP V Hughs 3 if its anything like the last fight everyones in for a treat excpt Hughs lol.

What did everyone else think of the action?

It's the first UFC event i've missed since UFC 48 lol. I forgot al about it and went to sleep at 8pm! Gutted lol.

Hughes is gonna get a beat down, then Serra will get healthy and get the beating he deserves after his fluke win over GSP last time!!

I love Serra, and he's good, but out of 20 fights with GSP, i think he'd lose 19 lol. Maybe fluke's the wrong word, but GSP was going to win that fight the whole time and got caught. One of them things. GSP is too bendy to get beat normally!

its well worth the watch it will probably on again tonight.

I know what you mean about GSP and Serra. He caught him on the back of the head and GSP went all wobbley lol.

I can't wait for Serra and Hughes to fight though thats got to be on the cards after all the bad blood in the show. I'd have to give it to Hughes though he's a machine. I'd love Serra to win but can't see it happening. I really can't stand Hughes he said in an interview that one of the reasons he took the fight with GSP is because he only had a month to prepare for it so he's caught him off guard abit there. Fair play to him admiting that but I want GSP to make a show of him again.

Oh ye and Forrest Griffen is going to be a coach on the ultimate fighter 7 that should be a great watch he's a funny guy. Will be good to see what he's like as a coach.

Was the best card for a while, expected a much better fight between danzig and speer though. j-roc and war machine didn't half go at it though they should deffinetly be on more than a one fight contract if they come back to the UFC.

Can't wait to see silva destroy liddell so there golden boy will have his 3rd loss in a row, the fact that he does well with striking like his makes me angry lol.

• 3 weeks later...
So gutted wanderlai lost, but chuck was on form tonight. Again GSP shows he's also the better wrestler. Was a good card though.

yeah it was a decent card I wasn't really impressed with the sanchez fight that aus dude was a bore to watch. I was i'mpressed with the sudoku fight ha ha although he lost he seems pretty powerful i'd like to see him in a brawl with someone.

Have you seen any of Sokoudjou's pride fights, he has crazy KO power. Machida is under rated though his striking is on par with anderson silvas which is incredible.

Do you train at anything?

Nar I don't train i'd like to have a go though. It looks a great and fun way to keep fit.

Wolfslair gym where Bisping fights out of is in Liverpool, Id check that out wont be cheap though.

Ish... it's in widnes, next door to Liverpool really. It's not overpriced, although i'd tather train elsewhere after it's new found fame. The trainers aren't really any better than many other places, Bisping has simply got what it takes and have excelled at what he's done. They haven't trained anybody up to be in the UFC, they have helped train someone who has a gift, the discipline and talent to use his training and make it. Bisping is a hole anyway after mouthing off lol.

I actually ended up drinking a complete bottle of Basil haydens bourbon to myself and can't remember the fights! I do remember being gutted when i realised wanderlai wasn't winning, and i remember the predator mask of soak-a-jew lol. Got to sleep at 7am in the end lol.

The only other one i know about in town is Next-gen. It holds full MMA classes, BJJ, and vale tudo, or a variation of it (submission wrestling/grappling)

When my knee is strong and healed i am going to start some ground work, but i can't yet which is annoying lol.