How Does 24" Feel Different To 26"?

Tommy d

What would the difference in feel be between a 26" bike and a 24" bike that had the same setup and geometry?

For example, a stock with wheelbase 1040, 385 chainstays, 73 head angle, +10BB compared to an Inspired 24", with the same bars, stem, cranks etc.

How different would it be to ride, and in what ways?

The question is immaterial since I definitely can't afford a 24" but I'm just interested.

Iv been told by clive leeson that it will and should feel the same but iv got a 24" and 26" with the same geo and the 24" feels so much more spinney and more solid like a bmx but the 26" feels better to get up stuff.

I hope that helped you but if not add me to msn an i can answer any questions you have.

Due to grater distance between the front and rear wheel, it'll probably greatly affect the way it rides on rocks. On street, probably more difficult to hook, easier to do pigeons on.

it'll be exactly the same..

to be honest i dont think it will affect the wedge and wodge. not in a good way either!

but i suppose the 24" wheels shud be lighter if you get a good setup!

Nobody has any 24ness to share with me?

24Ness is here :P , i got a 24inch they feel better much than 26 :D , few pals i ride with got 26 and there's nothing i cant do that they can etc....

As for the wheel size i think it's better having smaller wheels, the back wheel is alot stronger than 26 cos of size, if you had a ck or hope 2 hub (i think) and geo it's much low center of gravity, feel's alot less to flick around. 24 feels more streety, most 24inch bike's are lighter than 26 well i think so :blink: as my pals got a pitbull feels bloody hardwork, other dude got a t-rex(just broke his back wheel :D ), and a echo control which is to big but very light.

24inch all the way (Y)

Edited by thewoomaster