Onza T Pro

DANNI BOI

i have a last years onza t pro with an oversized bottom bracket and i snappes the bottom bracket which was in it!

so i decided to get a new bottom bracket and put it in!

it was all fine till i realise the tread was coming out of the frame

so now i am eft with on side of my frame threadless!!!!

what do u rekon i soould do??

well what options doi hav of gettin my frame up and running again??

please could someone just give me a tip or put me in the right drectuion??

depends how badly the threads are damaged but tartybikes will use tap or die (can't remember which tool it is) on the frame which means they will re-thread the bottom bracket hole/space (can't think of the proper name). thus you will then be able to install a bottom bracket again.

hope this wasn't to late as you may have bought a new one already but if not hope it was helpful.

gusgus

depends how badly the threads are damaged but tartybikes will use tap or die (can't remember which tool it is) on the frame which means they will re-thread the bottom bracket hole/space (can't think of the proper name). thus you will then be able to install a bottom bracket again.

hope this wasn't to late as you may have bought a new one already but if not hope it was helpful.

gusgus

Tarty dont re-thread frames and if you look at the description of bottm bracket tapping its is only cleaning the threads out so the bottom bracket goes in super smooth when going in , threadless bb *** , or get it tapped out bigger and have a insert put it to take the bottom bracket (Y)

• 2 weeks later...
you could get it helicoiled but i recomend getting it tapped (Y)

i dont think theres a helicoil kit for that size that does that fine a thread.....yu see, bike threads are very fine to stop bits shking loose etc..

However, you could probably get an insert machined for it...then get the bb tapped to fit the insert?

Your options are, glue the bottom bracket in, or get a company to put a metal insert in which will cost about 50-80quid i think. I would just save for a new frame and glue the bb in for now. You cant re tap it as think about it if the threads gone the hole is technically bigger so when you try tapping you will either be tapping hardly any material at all or fresh air. If you drilled the thread out of a magura mount on your frame the bolt would just go in and fall. If you stick a tap in you cant tap it as the hole is bigger as a tap cuts material away leaving the thread you would have to add material to the hole somehow, so stop saying get it retapped just think about it first.

edit: you cant helicoil it

Edited by basher