50 Cc Extreme Upgrades

im getting a 50cc road legal pit bike when im 16 (in march) so im gunna upgrade it so it can do over 30mph :D ok so heres what im thinking of getting

dirt demon road legal 50cc pitbike

scorpion TI flame exhaust

ajustable racing CDI unit (to de-restrict it :P)

pit bike turbo kit << not sure if to get this ?

stage 3 performance nitro kit (Co2 injection)

what you guys think ??

anything else i could get ??

Edited by I (HEART) Trials

There f**kig stupid !

My first bike was an Fs1e, A Classic 70's bike.

Becouse it can be powered by pedals it falls within the "Moped Law" Moped stands for Motor-Pedals (Y)

They do 50mph Standard, and you can fit a 90cc bore kit on them and they'll pull to 70mph and still be Legal..........

But yeah, long and short of it is, There gay and you'll be forever being pulled over.

And most of them won't pass an MOT

Jarrod

if i was you i would scrap the idea of gettin one they are the sh**ests thing ive seen my mate had one till it broke the whole bike is rubbish dont waste ur time and money on it better of saving up and gettin a full sized one much better

Seriously, in my opinion you're really better off getting a ped than one of them. Mate had an Explorer 50cc which went 43mph but he was annoyed at the amount of times he nearly got knocked off due to the size. He now has an Aerox 50cc ped with a 70 kit on it and he prefer's it by miles. I honestly would not get a pit bike for the road, they're only fun when your sliding about in the mud on them :P

Adam

im getting a 50cc road legal pit bike when im 16 (in march) so im gunna upgrade it so it can do over 30mph :D ok so heres what im thinking of getting

dirt demon road legal 50cc pitbike

scorpion TI flame exhaust

ajustable racing CDI unit (to de-restrict it :P)

pit bike turbo kit << not sure if to get this ?

stage 3 performance nitro kit (Co2 injection)

what you guys think ??

anything else i could get ??

I like those little 50 pit bikes, I think there a better option than riding a scooter, although i'm pretty sure insurance is quite expensive.

The best thing for you to do modifications wise is to forget the ideas of turbos and nos kit's they simply don't work or are not practical.

a decent cdi, exhaust, big bore (70), and air filter will set you back £100-£150 they will be fine for getting about. Remeber you'll only have it for a year so it's not really worth spending thousands on.

you will be pulled over fairly often but just make sure you've got all right documents and you'll be fine don't (don't mention the mods)

They do require alot of maintanence including rebuilds every 100hrs or so but it's cheap and once you've done it once you'll easily manage it again.

The reason they brake is through neglect a bit like when you buy a £70 push bike it'll be knackered in weeks if you don't look after it but if you do it'll last years.

and as pashley26 pointed out they are difficult to get through an mot but that one is brand new so you won't have to mot it for 3 years meaning you'll have sold it long before it's first (and probs last) Mot

as he didn't point out, you're 16 so you legally can't go above 30 and if you do and you're caught and stopped then you're going to end up in court because you void you're insurance

it's compulsary to wear a 'lid' by law .

good luck and be careful they are basically donars on wheels.

Gav

Im getting one of those 50cc pit bikes next week i hope, am getting that exaust, a cdi chip, a new carb and new sprocket. they look great fun.

yeah wear a helmet !! its like either 40 pound or you life !

if i was you i would scrap the idea of gettin one they are the sh**ests thing ive seen my mate had one till it broke the whole bike is rubbish dont waste ur time and money on it better of saving up and gettin a full sized one much better

HAHA NO i think its funny when people say dont get one when they have never even ridden one dude i have a 125cc pit bike (offroad) and its been going strong for 16 months not had 1 problem at all !! i dont know if you have heard of a honda bogger 90 or a honda bogger 110 the engines or powerfull and strong !! and the bike would fall bits before the engine would your just a little kid trying to tell me you know more about bikes than me HAHAHA

Is it really worth spending so much on a 50cc bike?

Anyway, I'm sure you just take something off the bike to de-restrict it, not replace something?

yeah you cut the green wire on the CDI but.. racing CDI's give the bike more power !

I like those little 50 pit bikes, I think there a better option than riding a scooter, although i'm pretty sure insurance is quite expensive.

The best thing for you to do modifications wise is to forget the ideas of turbos and nos kit's they simply don't work or are not practical.

a decent cdi, exhaust, big bore (70), and air filter will set you back £100-£150 they will be fine for getting about. Remeber you'll only have it for a year so it's not really worth spending thousands on.

you will be pulled over fairly often but just make sure you've got all right documents and you'll be fine don't (don't mention the mods)

They do require alot of maintanence including rebuilds every 100hrs or so but it's cheap and once you've done it once you'll easily manage it again.

The reason they brake is through neglect a bit like when you buy a £70 push bike it'll be knackered in weeks if you don't look after it but if you do it'll last years.

and as pashley26 pointed out they are difficult to get through an mot but that one is brand new so you won't have to mot it for 3 years meaning you'll have sold it long before it's first (and probs last) Mot

as he didn't point out, you're 16 so you legally can't go above 30 and if you do and you're caught and stopped then you're going to end up in court because you void you're insurance

it's compulsary to wear a 'lid' by law .

good luck and be careful they are basically donars on wheels.

Gav

yeah i scrapped the ideas of the turbo and nos kit

and the 100 hrs thing isnt true ive had a pit bike 16 months and i havnt took anything off it and i have ragged the f**k out of it alls i had to replace is the rear brake shoes and the cush drive rubbers and ive fell off it a fair few times :( and its still going strong although the piston rings are getting worn

Don't get shit makes. They under perform, keep to like Arrow, Malossi etc.

70cc bore kit. Cdi race ignition. Different gearing (not to high because you won't have any power). Race air filter and exhaust. Bigger carb, 19mm if you can.

Don't get shit makes. They under perform, keep to like Arrow, Malossi etc.

70cc bore kit. Cdi race ignition. Different gearing (not to high because you won't have any power). Race air filter and exhaust. Bigger carb, 19mm if you can.

not getting a bore kit |!| cuz id get done for underage driving |!|

I'd be tempted to wire the turbo so it's constantly on.

But it's nto really a Turbo, because it constanly running on maximum boost, so it's more like a supercharger I'd say.

Gear it up and run the turbo/super/electric charger thing on quite a low boost, but on all the time, then increase the boost slowely, then you will still have the NOS for the burst of speed effect.

Those 'turbo' fans don't actually work though they disrupt the air flow and make it slower you don't get any psi of boost from them. And i've used nos on a 25 pit bike andit didn't make that much difference i actually found squirting generous amounts of easy start in the air filter work much better.

you've probs been lucky if you haven't had to rebuild it yet when I had mine I had to rebuild it twice in 8 months I used it every day though.

you will have to rebuild the 50 though 125 or 110s are ok but with the 50 you'll constantly be maxxed out.

That videos good the sound is 100x better than scooter.

the best thing about pit bikes is the falling off i used to just blast around on mine in the wet fields until i fell off because it was ace fun sliding along on your back :P

Those 'turbo' fans don't actually work though they disrupt the air flow and make it slower you don't get any psi of boost from them. And i've used nos on a 25 pit bike andit didn't make that much difference i actually found squirting generous amounts of easy start in the air filter work much better.

you've probs been lucky if you haven't had to rebuild it yet when I had mine I had to rebuild it twice in 8 months I used it every day though.

you will have to rebuild the 50 though 125 or 110s are ok but with the 50 you'll constantly be maxxed out.

That videos good the sound is 100x better than scooter.

the best thing about pit bikes is the falling off i used to just blast around on mine in the wet fields until i fell off because it was ace fun sliding along on your back :P

|!|LOL|!|

please read my other thread for updated list and dont reply to this one so it can disssapear !