Computer Problem

Adrian

right iv got laptop, nd i turned it on like normaly and its like in safe mode but theres nothing saying its in safe mode :S the screens all big and like pixly all the colours are weird etc iv gone to the setup at the start when you press f8 and clicked 'start windows normaly' and nothing changed i cant think of whats happnd and just need some help to get it back to norm lol my comp is a samsung R20, xp proffesional.... umm dnt no if wana no anything else..... its about 2 weeks old aswel... an ideas???????? anyhelp would be great :)

Have you like, tried to manually change the graphics settings like, Start -> Control Panel -> Display, like, putting the resolution up and changing to, like 32 bit? If that don't work, do what else has been said, like.

yea iv tried all that... and i think you may be right about the graphics driver as i just converted it to xp from vista, and loads of the drivers werent already on there so i got them all again ... but i got them from the samsung website for my specific laptop.. and the graphics one was the lastr one i got... but it was working fine, even after i restarted it but then went all weird like the next time i restarted it after a windows update i think..... hmmmmm i might get rid of the graphics driver and re-ownload it and see what happns?? do u think??

Start with simple things first. Check your resolution size. (Right click desktop, Properties, Settings). Also click Advanced and see if anything jumps out in your GFX options.

You say you downloaded your graphics driver from the samsung website for your specific laptop? Go to Start, Run and type dxdiag, find your graphics card make/model and download the driver directly from the manufacture site - unless you got any driver discs with your laptop of course?

Start with simple things first. Check your resolution size. (Right click desktop, Properties, Settings). Also click Advanced and see if anything jumps out in your GFX options.

You say you downloaded your graphics driver from the samsung website for your specific laptop? Go to Start, Run and type dxdiag, find your graphics card make/model and download the driver directly from the manufacture site - unless you got any driver discs with your laptop of course?

yea its deffo the right driver, and stuff... the thing i thought it may have been is when it was turning on i leant on the keyboard and thought maybe i pressed summit that caused this??? because it was all working fine before hand i was playing games and shizzle fine.... so could i hav pressed summit to cause this???

Ermmm, Only thing I can think of is to try the Fuction + CRT/LCD Button (one of the F keys, usually F8) if you think you've leaned on it? This button is used to switch between Laptop, external monitor/projector and both. We've has issues at work using projectors where is pisses about with screen sizes.

Though trying it on mine, it wont alter anything.

Do you ever use an external monitor?

Edited by anzo