Any Of You Smoke?

Jolfa

I smoke and im not braging, my riding is not at a low level. I smoked before and all the way through my riding career. Does it affect me ? No.

The major thing that REALLY pisses me off is when i light one up on a ride and people start giving you right evil looks or start saying "why you smoking, it's gonna kill you". Omfg. Dickhead listen, its not you thats smoking its me, so stop giving me lectures, i know all this.

The dirty looks one pisses me off the most. I just think, don't look at me like that, if you've got a problem with something im doing come and tell me, don't just stand there looking like i've just killed your family.

I also get the odd snidy comment "Smokings bad for your riding" LOL. The majority of people that say it too me are of a lower level of riding than me.

My health is fine. Let me deal with my life. You deal with yours. If i thought smoking was effecting my riding. I would stop. But it hasn't affected me yet so why should i bother stopping. I enjoy a fag.

Rant over. God i've wanted do that for a while.

Danny.

Well said mate! Completely forgot the dirty looks I used to get when my riding and smoking crossed over before I quit biking, I know exactly where you're coming from

None smokers will never understand why smokers smoke, to them the only reason to smoke is JUST to kill yourself

Does make me laugh when folk tell you 'smoking's bad for you' ...No shit!

There's a couple of guys who smoke outside a hospital where i work, they are both in their 70's i think (it's hard to tell with hardened Glasgow drinkers) and sit in their wheelchairs wiggling their amputated stump legs while sharing a joke with anyone that passes. They are two of the happiest people i've ever met.

While sharing a cigarette with these guys one of them pointed to a man who has alzheimer's and said "Poor f***er, he's so fit he'll have to live with that for years"

I don't advocate smoking and would like to quit before i have children but think the terms 'good/bad for you' are more subjective than people recognise.

I smoke and im not braging, my riding is not at a low level. I smoked before and all the way through my riding career. Does it affect me ? No.

The major thing that REALLY pisses me off is when i light one up on a ride and people start giving you right evil looks or start saying "why you smoking, it's gonna kill you". Omfg. Dickhead listen, its not you thats smoking its me, so stop giving me lectures, i know all this.

The dirty looks one pisses me off the most. I just think, don't look at me like that, if you've got a problem with something im doing come and tell me, don't just stand there looking like i've just killed your family.

I also get the odd snidy comment "Smokings bad for your riding" LOL. The majority of people that say it too me are of a lower level of riding than me.

My health is fine. Let me deal with my life. You deal with yours. If i thought smoking was effecting my riding. I would stop. But it hasn't affected me yet so why should i bother stopping. I enjoy a fag.

Danny.

(Y)

I enjoy having a fag when riding gives you time to have a rest lol

Edited by Tom Jefferies

I read this story in a newspaper where this guys whole life he had been so hygienic and never smoked drunk or done drugs and then on his birthday he got run over by a joy rider...

So if you’re going to live life then live it to the max! I’m not saying, get stoned, drunk and kill your self by smoking I’m just saying don’t try too hard to be perfect!

Craig.

Edited by Smoby

Danny.

How do you know it hasn't affected your riding?

Maybe if you didn't smoke, you could sidehop an inch higher and gap half a foot bigger. no one knows.

But then i guess you are an amazing rider so its ok.

this is quite an interesting topic, i smoke admitedly im not the best rider.

but i do agree getting dirty looks is a bit irritating especially when im the only smoker on the ride.

i would like to quit but i have so much happening in my life right now its not going to happen for a while

This thread's probably dead but thought i'd relate a conversation i heard tonight anyway:

Non smoker: That's a really stupid thing to do.

Smoker: You drive a car to work when i cycle everywhere instead, how dare you accuse me of stupidity you planet destroying w***er.

There then proceeded a conversation about the environmental consequences of smoking vs cars where we decided that neither were great but cars are way more dangerous than cigarettes.

Im a smoker .....i enjoy a fag....also smoke the weed...

me and mr malcs always have a fag break on a ride.....time to chill have a chat and stuff.......me and tom jeffries on a bristol ride had a fair few fag brakes gave us both a excuse to sit chill and have a chat........people have said to me before ..ohhh smoking is bad for your riding dave.....well im getting better at riding so explain this?

im not having a rant or nothing......but like danny k said...the evil dirty looks i can do with out.......i feel well out of place in this country enough as it is .....i dont need the evil looks and snidy comments..... to go with it....

when im old say in my 60's im going to try every drug on earth.....(Y)

(N):sick: i smoke and have done since i was 16 and now 33, and when i raced downhill it wasn't a problem till i was about 25, and now i've really started to do trials it is really affecting me

i hate smoking and wish i had never started, i have tried to give up on numerous occaisions but to avail, but this year i will beat it

LMFAO adz your a funny bugger lol

The badger thing is MINE!

Smoking, meh, I don't give a shit. Never tried it, it's been proven to damage your health, but I'm not doing it so I don't see why I should have a chip on my shoulder.

Oh my Grandma caught pneumonia, that was definately smoking related, and she is shagged out now, she's on steroids to combat what the fags have done to her throat and lungs.

I'm never going to smoke because of this reason, I don't drink heavy either, I do drink quite a lot, but never enough to get past tipsy, otherwise it makes me feel sick.

Or are we all healthy, clean living, sensible folk? Just curious

I kinda started when I stopped biking, so I can see my shrivelled, raisin-like lungs being a problem now I want to start again ;)

Quit it will improve you stamana.

I smoke drink at least 4 litters of vodka a week and some times other stuff and it has effected my riding be heathy :D

cheers.