Any Of You Smoke?

Jolfa

My Dad's nearly 50 and has smoked since the age of 16, he admits himself that it has a detrimental effect on his health particularily respiration wise. He was diagnosed with high blood pressure last year which kick started another attempt at quitting (as well as laying off the cheese the fatty!) and he managed to cut down alot, I'm not sure how he's doing now as obviously I don't live at home at the moment but his blood pressure has fallen back now. My Grandad used to smoke too but gave up years ago, he's always ribbing my Dad about it telling him he needs to "sort his life out" hahaha Hopefully he'll be able to kick it in this year.

Don't smoke kids (Y)

Ive had a collapsed lung 4 times now and addmitidly smoking probably doesnt do the problem much good but apparently its not down to that so meh. But i do really only smoke on rare occasions now due to it. Dont think smoking should be stopped by any person except the smoker. Of course they know its wrong so theres no need to tell them. IF you wanna smoke go ahead. Smoke bud go ahead. Quit well then you are doing amazing. And hope you succed. :D

Ive had a collapsed lung 4 times now

Ohhh, another Pneumothroax victim eh? Join the club.

The smoking effects are usually chronic illnesses...meaning they take a long time to develop and when they do, they're usually long and drawn out. Saying that smoking doesn't effect your riding is very well true for young riders; but riding is something that cannot be judged against your bodies health.

I doubt you'll recognise much health disadvantages of someone who has smoked for a few (2-4) years aslong as they aren't sat on their arse drinking Skol and watching Jeremy Kyle all day.

On this note, my mate quit smoking on Monday....rather humorous watching him stress out over the slightest thing. For example he spelt 'tomorrow' wrong on a text 3 times and he just launched his phone across his bedroom and shoulded 'For f**k sake!' really loud.

Not seen him for 2 days, he's probably self harming by now.

On this note, my mate quit smoking on Monday....rather humorous watching him stress out over the slightest thing. For example he spelt 'tomorrow' wrong on a text 3 times and he just launched his phone across his bedroom and shoulded 'For f**k sake!' really loud.

Not seen him for 2 days, he's probably self harming by now.

haha i think i should keep smoking then lol

Ohhh, another Pneumothroax victim eh? Join the club.

The smoking effects are usually chronic illnesses...meaning they take a long time to develop and when they do, they're usually long and drawn out. Saying that smoking doesn't effect your riding is very well true for young riders; but riding is something that cannot be judged against your bodies health.

I doubt you'll recognise much health disadvantages of someone who has smoked for a few (2-4) years aslong as they aren't sat on their arse drinking Skol and watching Jeremy Kyle all day.

Yeah love those Pneumothoraxs!! Actually had an op to fix it.... but then got take to hospital like 5 days ago again.....Some say its because i am tall.. Damn it!

I love jeremy kyle though!

Think im going to give upmy social smoking crap along with chocolate!