Ashton Copy

Andrew Smith

marko said it was a bit naff and spongey.

Pretty much the response i got to.

Said it was fun for a while but the frame was so flexy he couldn't side hop at all ! But he could gap miles.

Wouldn't say anything about what frame/s they were made out of or how he made them because he believes it's something marketable.

Not as much info as i had hoped but still.....

Jarrod

marko said it was a bit naff and spongey.

that was exactly how i'd expect it to be to be honest

after backhopping on a shite dual sus, i'd reckon any sus frame would be really weird to do trials on. To gap i spose you could just sit down really hard and quick and use the rebound from that to carry you forwards as well as a kick on the pedals.

I heard a rumour that Ashton wouldn't be bringing anymore Trials bikes out. The protos that were made for Ali C etc. were the last frames to be produced. So this just looks like they've stolen that niche in the market. More trials companies is always a good thing anway.

Thought so as well. Must say I didn't like the idea of such a short frame, but after realizing it had a really steep head tube and 685mm reach, I'd love to have a go on one. There aren't really any substitutes for that frame in terms of geometry are there?