Water Or Oil Bleed?

T-REX FATTIMA

hiya mate

they both hold well

but i think alot of people like the feel of water

they are so responsive.when you pull the lever you have instant responce form the brake

also the best thing about water is that is does not feel sponge unless you have air in the system

to bleed with water

1,fill the sink with water

2,undo the bleed screw on the lever

3,submerge in water and keep on pumping the lever until the slaves start to move

4,when they do start moving keep the lever under the water and put the bleed screw back in the lever

then it should be all done

you do not have to have the slaves in the water just the lever

but keep it submerged until the bleed screw is back in thats how you get complete air free brake

if you need any more help use the search button and you should be able to find lots on water bleeds

cheers dec

Right I know this is completely off the point but I read in an other forum off people bleeding with WD40, so yeah! i give it a go and its alright, same feel as maguras oil, to mee. But yupp alot more people run water cause its free and its a better feel!! I'll be on water next, no point paying for it, ehh??

Oli xxxx

f**k

antifreeze

:(

water bleeds are good, really quick response, and its piss easy to do

wd40 bleed?!?! but wd40 comes in an aerosol can? how the f**k did you do that?

Spray it into the syringe until you have enough, the bubbles come out of it.

I bleed my brake in a bath of cold water ( not to deep though ). And then put the lever in a shallow tub of antifreeze and pull the lever ta few times. That puts a bit of antifreeze in the break and doesn't affect the way the break feels (Y).

EDIT: Why do i keep spelling brake like break. its not good.

McInnes.

Edited by mcinnes

I bleed my brake in a bath of cold water ( not to deep though ). And then put the lever in a shallow tub of antifreeze and pull the lever ta few times. That puts a bit of antifreeze in the break and doesn't affect the way the break feels (Y).

EDIT: Why do i keep spelling brake like break. its not good.

McInnes.

but isn't just normal tap water got stuff like lime scale and in my area i've got hard water?

will this affect it though?

but isn't just normal tap water got stuff like lime scale and in my area i've got hard water?

will this affect it though?

I live down the coast in sunny frinton... I run water bleeds just because they react quicker and so on. More to the point, your brakes will be fine.

IN the recent maggies..06 upwards...a good oil bleed is as good as a water bleed........mate has front and rear oil bleeds and it feels no different to mine

witch is a water /bath bleed

When i got my Echo for christmas the back brake felt wank but the front felt like a water bleed. ( they were both fliud bleeds )

McInnes.