Natural V.s Street

cam217

I prefer natural and always will but street is a nice change and is relaxing and to me is a lot easier, everything is square or perfectly round with nice run-up's. My idea of "real" trials is that of rocks and logs etc because i have always been around motorbikes and isn't that where our sport came from?

Oh and to answer the argument can natural riders ride street......i can tap something 7 blue pallets tall from a bike length run up with bumpy ground and loose dirt/stones, can i tap a wall with a nice square/rounded edge with a road for a run up..hmmmm...let me think about that (Y)

i think i'd like natural if i gave it a shot, but a know for a fact i'm not good enough at the moment for it to be worth spending maybe an hour to trek into derbyshire in the car to stand on my bike on some rocks and think,'f**k this, it's too hard'

Just give it a go dude, might be surprised! Keep at it, you'll probably improve nicely through riding rocks etc. Always worth a go! :D

QUOTE (hugh_b @ Feb 21 2008, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just give it a go dude, might be surprised! Keep at it, you'll probably improve nicely through riding rocks etc. Always worth a go! :D

ok, next point...

where's the closest bit of natural to nottingham?

I only know stuff in derbyshire, but that's far

ok, next point...

where's the closest bit of natural to nottingham?

I only know stuff in derbyshire, but that's far

theres a rockery in meadows, notts!

i no its ruf but i live there and everyones cool wif me.

remember.... they dont see the point wif a bike that has no seat,,

so they wont rob it!

you dont have to have a light bike to ride natural it makes no difference. It only makes a difference when you do comps as it stop you gettin tired as quick.

You don't have to have anything, but a lighter bike makes a massive difference for natural, especially for static moves, which you do a lot more of when riding natural.

My bike is actually, too light for street! Whenever I tap something on my old one, it's easy to roll the bike up onto it, on my new bike, (as can be seen in my video), I tap it and jump up the rest of it, landing both wheels at the same time, which feels a bit wierd.

On the new bike my gaps have increased by about a foot though. :lol:

Still can't f**king sidehop.

Come to think of it most natural riders have there own sections in there garden etc...

Edit: I may have another point to prove. We dont wear shin guards, elbow pads and spandex suits LOL

I do not waer spandex suits, shin pads, or elbow pads i just wear normal clothes for both and even though i am going to ride a comp in may at Braken rocks.

I WILL NOT WAER SPANDEX SUITS!!!!

And also i do not have my own sections in my garden.

keep the post's up lad

Edited by cam217

yes!!!!!!! one of my mates who preferes street went up to shipley, first time riding natural properly and he was just as good at natural as he is street.

If your saying that he was able to sidehop the same height an gap the same length then that's pretty obvious. Natural isn't about how heigh or far you can jump, it's about picking the best line and being able to attack it in the best way, which you can't learn by riding street. Street you tend to have one line that you do whereas in natural you attempt to get to a certain place, an you need to pick the best route to it (a skill you dont learn by riding street). Riding natural is so very different to riding street they just can't be compared.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Street F.T.W to be honest I can't really see the point in riding rocks because I'd rather push myself in a different way. Eg: how high instead of knackering myself out on a section just to see if I 5 it or clear it. Don't get me wrong i can ride natural and find it a change to street riding but when I do I find myself just doing the same old thing... finding a good take off/run-up and plough at it and try get up 1 rock like I do on street the only difference is that the run-up/take off is better... No disrespect to natty riders because I have no endurance or stamina to do half the stuff some of them do but I just prefer street.

Don't hate me :lol:

Rick x

I know i've posted in this topic before BUT. Having been riding street my entire riding time. Was watching a few natural video's, Now i've already ridden Natural, Not properly..Just messing around. I actually want to give proper natural ago, Looks like it could keep me entertained and give me a challenge.

Just gotta' find some decent Natural....Hmmmm.