Beginner, Onza Spyrogyra Or T-bird?

alech

I'm into dirt jumping and freeride, but i've got bored of doing the same thing and it seems that to progress i just need to be a bit more crazy! I watched a Chris Akrigg video on youtube and his style made me want to get into trials. I have a limited budget of around £300. I have looked on a few sites and have found an Onza Spyrogyra for about £270 and tbirds/vees for around this price. I would like your advice on which one i would be suited to, as a beginner at trials, but considering i'm used to a 26" dirt jump bike. Or would it be better to build up a trials bike with second hand parts as i have an onza t-raptor frame i bought around 2 years ago. Also (sorry for going on a bit) but what are a few trials bike shop websites in UK other than tartybikes and trialsshop? Many thanks Alec.

I would just build up your raptor as you are used to 26"

If you do dirt jumping you proberly have the strength to throw it around.

Look on ebay you can often get a decent spec bike for around £300.

You could also try selectbikes and chainreactioncycles as they do trials bits.

Thanks for the advice, I thought 20" trials bikes looked a little silly (no offence to anyone who rides them). Are the onza guy forks any good because new they’re only £40, and what rear wheel would you recommend, as I’ve found a mission pro trials wheelset for £100 and an onza tango wheelset for £70, but no rear wheels on their own this cheap.

the mission wheelset is actually a set of try-all rims...i bought them a while back...well worth the money; im still using them now!

Thanks for the advice, I’ll get those then I think, do you have any pictures of them because they’re all pixelated on trialsshop's website?