Blue Rock Pads Or Plaz Pmg ?

Phill_Monks

which are best on a grind ??  

55 members have voted

1. 1. which are best on a grind ??

• Plazmatic PMG
    • Rock Pads

Plazmatics work better than both the Rock Green & Blue, grind or no grind.

I doubt your'll find anybody who has used both and will say Rock pads are better. Plazmatics also last longer.

:)

ps. I'm going by the Yellows.

[edit] i just read the results :o

Edited by eskimo

I have tried both, my mates PMGs and 2 sets of rocks in my bikes.

The rocks were much better, although if I were you I'd get Neco Yellows. According to everyone who has them who I have spoken too, they are much better than Rock Blues, bite and hold wise, and they only wear down slightly faster.

But even if they were from the Baradine catalogue they still wouldn't be 'better'!

"better" than the other half dozen Baradine pads of the same compound? That is quite an accomplishment!

I did not say they were bad pads. A crack was made as to the comparitive value, I was merely pointing out the fallaciousness of the base assumption.

Most pads being produced these days are pretty good. Everyones preference is different..... hard compound vrs soft, modulation vrs quick bite. All conditions make there be no one single pad that reigns supreme. The only pads I would reccomend against are those that make the claim "as good in wet as dry, not effected by cold".........crap, they do not exist.

I have tried both, my mates PMGs and 2 sets of rocks in my bikes.

The rocks were much better, although if I were you I'd get Neco Yellows. According to everyone who has them who I have spoken too, they are much better than Rock Blues, bite and hold wise, and they only wear down slightly faster.

mmmmmm, necco........

post-8208-1204813430_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tim/Trialsin USA

I know, I thought that since you all stick extra "u" in words like color........ you would not notice.... ha, ha, ha

Ha ha, fair enough... though to us it looks like you guys just miss letters out :P

A descision based on a poll of a few dozen people versus actual discussion with known owners hardly seems a logical way to reach that conclusion.

Pretty true, given the reputation of the CRM's and the amount of testing and research thats gone into those, i'd hardly think the PMg's will be a bad product. Where as the rock pads are just a generic baradine product are they not? I don't honestly know how much testing goes into those pads, they don't advertise it as well as the plazmatic company does.

Ha ha, fair enough... though to us it looks like you guys just miss letters out :P

Pretty true, given the reputation of the CRM's and the amount of testing and research thats gone into those, i'd hardly think the PMg's will be a bad product. Where as the rock pads are just a generic baradine product are they not? I don't honestly know how much testing goes into those pads, they don't advertise it as well as the plazmatic company does.

I was not impuning Rock pads performance in particular. That a pad is made in one factory or another....or a material supplied by a vendor vrs developed independently ..... effectiveness is not based on its origin of discovery. I was merely finding humor in the hype pads get in general, particularly when their characteristics are shared by others making the same heroic claims.

I know, I thought that since you all stick extra "u" in words like color........ you would not notice.... ha, ha, ha

pretty sure it was our language, hence you lot taking the 'u's and such out, rearranging 'centre', somehow eliminating the two last letters of 'programme' and the like.

I understand its not in your poll, but I would highly recommend the Plazmatic CRM's or alternatively the Heatsink reds(H)

Never personally used the Rock blue's but 2 close friends that has used them, they didn't seem that great, but from videos they seem very promising... maybe the setup issue.

Anyways, My vote is on the CRM's:D Cant go wrong(H)

Sorry, my bad :$

Heh, no problem... Sorry that was a bit of a short reply, bit pushed for time yesterday... If you look at Rock Pads (Blues anyway) you can clearly see they aren't moulded like 'Baradine' pads. I very much doubt Baradine would go to the trouble of hand cutting pads when they have machines to mould them. The greens, however, are a more 'standard' compound and manufacturing process, but who cares when they work so well?

Heh, no problem... Sorry that was a bit of a short reply, bit pushed for time yesterday... If you look at Rock Pads (Blues anyway) you can clearly see they aren't moulded like 'Baradine' pads. I very much doubt Baradine would go to the trouble of hand cutting pads when they have machines to mould them. The greens, however, are a more 'standard' compound and manufacturing process, but who cares when they work so well?

I can assure you, that visible signs of hand assembly do not necessarily equate to uniqueness of compound.