Switching To V Brakes Which Levers?

cwbashaw

I'm switching from Maguras to V brakes.

I'm looking at the Avid single digit 7 Levers with an ultimate brake,

When I was about to order the SD7's I saw the Avid Single Digit SL levers and was wondering if they would actually perform any better or if they are just lighter weight?

I really don't care about weight but if they work better I wouldn't mind spending the extra money.

SD7s are great levers, The SLs are a touch lighter if that's your bag, but in performance terms should be the same

Some people prefer the feel of XTR levers mind, so may be worth a try with different setups to find out what works for you

If you have big bucks, Ultimate levers are apparently awesome, but I wouldn't really want any more from my SD7s (also run with Ultimate arms :))

I like the feel of the XTR levers over the Avids.

I also find the Avids tend to become wobbly at the pivot pretty quickly.

I have a 2008 XT lever infront of me, the lever blade is pretty much the same shape as the older XTRs and looks to be fairly high quality.

That's a good point I didn't think of that. I used to hate when my levers got sloppy on my XC bikes.

Do you think the Shimano XT or XTR's are any better for this?

My XTR has been on the front of my trials bike for over a year now, still as tight as it ever was (Y)