What Rear Sprocket?

Chris

has anyone tried the new trialtech sprockets yet? I don't want the drilled ones (what a stupid idea btw). So it'll be either this one or one of the surlys or the gusset bachelor. I'm just worried about the chain skipping.. I had it with a king and it was horrible.. but I read about skipping chains with the surly as well... So I'm unsure which one I should go for...

yeah, I heard a lot of those snapping, not so the rear cogs though!

In fact, so many have snapped....that there has not been a previous thread on it (amazing since they have been out 3 years)..... .or screams from any of the importers for replacement. In fact, importers call and want more because of the lack of issues. Is it possible that one has snapped, yes....anything is possible. What should be the course of action? .... call the dealer and ask what can be done. I would be curious to see some pics so that it might be determined what happened. My guess is that maybe there was some defect in the metal in that one that allowed that to happen. I will pit the material and machining of White Industries (contract manufacturer) to any of the other less expensive ones pumped out of far east.

Edited by Tim/Trialsin USA

In fact, so many have snapped....that there has not been a previous thread on it (amazing since they have been out 3 years)..... .or screams from any of the importers for replacement. In fact, importers call and want more because of the lack of issues. Is it possible that one has snapped, yes....anything is possible. What should be the course of action? .... call the dealer and ask what can be done. I would be curious to see some pics so that it might be determined what happened. My guess is that maybe there was some defect in the metal in that one that allowed that to happen. I will pit the material and machining of White Industries (contract manufacturer) to any of the other less expensive ones pumped out of far east.

Professional?

• 7 months later...

Hi I’m currently running a CK ISO hub and I’m wondering whether performance improves with price as I’m trying to justify purchasing a CK KOG instead of the cheaper Trialtech equivalent with the wide base any advise would be grateful.

Reece

Once again, grow the f**k up.

No one was slating the company, just said that they had heard of a lot snapping, maybe people don't feel the need to bitch about a snapped sprocket because at the end of the day it's a £20 disposable item, not as if it's a £500 frame.

Once again, grow the f**k up.

No one was slating the company, just said that they had heard of a lot snapping, maybe people don't feel the need to bitch about a snapped sprocket because at the end of the day it's a £20 disposable item, not as if it's a £500 frame.

Now there is a timely reply.

So, I should not correct myth? Just let negetive perception stand? I suggest you coach someone elses business into the ground.