Is This A Crack ?

slug

i dont know i think my dad is going to try and weld it

Dont do that it will be even worse because when it is welded back the metal is britle and snaps easyer than ever you need it heat treated or leave it and get a replacement !

i dont know i think my dad is going to try and weld it

I suggest you dont weld it. Depending on how old the bike/frame is. If you weld it your de-fecting your years manufacturers warranty.

Send it back with your invoice/receipt. Im sure the shop/company will sort you out.

Dont do that it will be even worse because when it is welded back the metal is britle and snaps easyer than ever you need it heat treated or leave it and get a replacement !

Not exactly true. If a weld is done propaly it'll be stronger than it was in the first place. The opptimum word being "done propley"

I suggest you dont weld it. Depending on how old the bike/frame is. If you weld it your de-fecting your years manufacturers warranty.

Send it back with your invoice/receipt. Im sure the shop/company will sort you out.

Ok cheers

Ben

Not exactly true. If a weld is done propaly it'll be stronger than it was in the first place. The opptimum word being "done propley"

even if its done "propaly/propley/properly" the actuall weld will be strong as houses, but the molecular structure of the surrounding material will be altered making it prone to fatigue and eventually failure.

Ben

My understanding is that welding aluminium is only really a good idea if you strip the frame completely, weld it and then heat treat the whole frame. All of this costs a lot and it'll still be weaker, so it just doesn't make sense at all.

I'm sure they won't...

Just suck it up and save for a new frame.

think you are in the same boat as me mate (N)

mine didnt make a noise as you described it to have make but i noticed mine as my wheel was rubbing off the frame!

your one has gone in the exact same place too!

How long have you had yours?

I wasnt that harsh on mine eather but i think it may have been the magura that caused it as i noticed it flexed so much more when it was snapped (N)

here is a better pic of mine I took today

post-14325-1205695874_thumb.jpg

post-14325-1205696041_thumb.jpg

Oh and dont bother trying to get a hold of diamondback because it didnt help me one bit.

Edited by RossMcd