Is This A Crack ?

slug

think you are in the same boat as me mate (N)

mine didnt make a noise as you described it to have make but i noticed mine as my wheel was rubbing off the frame!

your one has gone in the exact same place too!

here is a better pic of mine I took today

post-14325-1205695874_thumb.jpg

post-14325-1205696041_thumb.jpg

Yeah but it hasnt quite cracked all the way round yet,

I think if i had carried on riding it would have gone completly

What did you do about it Go to the shop you brought it from?

Ive had it about 4/5 moths but im learning so cant see why its cracked

Ben

Edited by slug 07

well i e-mailed the company i bought it from and they said there was no warrenty on jusps bikes due to the nature of their use lol.

obviously he had no idea what he was talking about. So i then emailed trading standards and they said if it is less that 6 months old then i was entitled to my money back or a replacement.

so i emailed the company again and he told me i had to send the whole bike back so they could check it over for misuse but i had given mine some upgrades so i wasnt wanting to lose all of that so i didnt bother.

I just gave up and im still looking for a new frame lol

well i e-mailed the company i bought it from and they said there was no warrenty on jusps bikes due to the nature of their use lol.

obviously he had no idea what he was talking about. So i then emailed trading standards and they said if it is less that 6 months old then i was entitled to my money back or a replacement.

so i emailed the company again and he told me i had to send the whole bike back so they could check it over for misuse but i had given mine some upgrades so i wasnt wanting to lose all of that so i didnt bother.

I just gave up and im still looking for a new frame lol

Do you reckon i could just get a replacement frame off them??

Ive only really changed the bars, gearing and cranks

Ben

thats all i changed aswell but i also added a hs33.

if you are willing to send them an email and ask and put all the old parts back on then you may aswell try but they might turn round and say it has been mistreated and do nothing. your best bet is to save up and get a new frame to be honest

Best way to tell if its a crack is to sand/file the paint off the area, then you can see if its just the paint or is actually the frame.

To be honest I'd try my best to get ahold of Diamondback, or the dealer you bought it from, if no joy then just get a new frame.

Welding won't do much good, as the strong area of welding in one place will create stress on other areas of the frame, eventually leading to small fractures and then cracks.

You're entitled to a replacement, so get one.

Er, why?

There's only a couple of companies who will even consider warrantying a trials bike, and DB isn't one of them. They don't owe you anything, and they're not going to give you a new one. By all means try, but you'll be wasting your time.

Er, why?

There's only a couple of companies who will even consider warrantying a trials bike, and DB isn't one of them. They don't owe you anything, and they're not going to give you a new one. By all means try, but you'll be wasting your time.

I would agree!

I had no luck when i contacted them but if you are willing to try they by means do so!