Police!

dan means like can he get points etc on a car lisence for comititng crimes on a push bike!

No, at least I don't think so but after reading your statement Dan I wouldn't be able to comment as I'm still in training and haven't covered that area yet and so I can't comment as I could be telling you the completely wrong thing. It seems a bit strange though and I'd maybe go to your local station to ask for the reason and an explanation as to how it works...

Edited by Gyser

Well the local community support officer stoped me a couple of times whislt riding my bike. Not having lights,not looking where i was going etc etc.Anyways got a letter through the post saying that one more offence then id be disqulified from driving.But i aint ven 17 yet??

1. trials bikes ( look gay with lights)

2. bells are not made for trials bikes

and police now say..

1. warning

2. stright fine... no bell or light £80 fine on the spot

(Y) We are all entitled to our own opinion:)

He didn't imply you aren't he asked why....

Anyway, I shall share my experience of the police. Once they pulled up and just asked us to move, we had a conversation about the skatepark etc, moved on happily. The second time he basically said 'thats really impressive but can you move on because if you break your neck I don't want to have to come all the way back here' and had a laugh. So I can conclude the police have been fair and reasonable.

HOWEVER when I see a police car I still get a slightly negative feeling. I know in theory they are here to protect the public but I mainly think about them inpinging on our personal liberties. Now I think about it seems illogical as being a law abiding citizen but it's just a feeling.

To clarify, damaging any wall is criminal damage. My sister being a barrister pointed out that 99% of the time a policeman would do nothing except possibly move you on for street riding, but if you happened to get a really pissed off officer, who was having a bad day you could eventually end up with a criminal record, something that can effect your future. She said if one member of the public feels threatened by your actions it's in theory enough to arrest you.

I think this country is starting to go down the sh*tter to be honest. Think of the respect people have for their elders in other countries and compare it with the masses of pikey scum (not pc) we have here. (slightly off point)

Phil

1. trials bikes ( look gay with lights)

2. bells are not made for trials bikes

and police now say..

1. warning

wasnt a trials bike and im led to belive its 3 warnings

Right well ill being having a word with PCSO Andy Mcfarlene then

I thought that lights only needed to be on if your riding during dusk (after 6 o clock?)

and a bell doesnt need to be on a bike

It just needs to come on a bike when its bought?

don't hold me to that though.

NicP

Edited by NicP

1. trials bikes ( look gay with lights) - Alot of people say "wearing a helmet is gay" but we wear them for our own safety which is what lights on bikes are for. Even if you had flashing lights strapped to your bag or self when moving between spots... It'd be to improve our wellbeing and safety...

2. bells are not made for trials bikes - Bells are made for any bike no matter what you ride.

and police now say..

1. warning

We've been taught a structure called P.A.W

P - Persuade - To pursuade the person in question that what they're doing is in fact an offence (but maybe they didn't realise it was or they have a legitimate reason for being on the pavement).

A - Advise - We'll then advise the person that they're required by law to have lights and a bell and where they can purchase the items required.

W - Warn - If the person is seen again after being warned then they've already been given the benefit of the doubt and so they haven't paid attention to the advice given and so we'll fine them as they're putting themselves and the public using the pavement at risk...

wasnt a trials bike and im led to belive its 3 warnings

Right well ill being having a word with PCSO Andy Mcfarlene then

1 warning for us... becuase we are allways out riding

Had loads of warning.. we got kiked off a places by police just for standing there when it was raining and we was taking cover :lol:

Edited by STC

He didn't imply you aren't he asked why....

Anyway, I shall share my experience of the police. Once they pulled up and just asked us to move, we had a conversation about the skatepark etc, moved on happily. The second time he basically said 'thats really impressive but can you move on because if you break your neck I don't want to have to come all the way back here' and had a laugh. So I can conclude the police have been fair and reasonable.

HOWEVER when I see a police car I still get a slightly negative feeling. I know in theory they are here to protect the public but I mainly think about them inpinging on our personal liberties. Now I think about it seems illogical as being a law abiding citizen but it's just a feeling.

To clarify, damaging any wall is criminal damage. My sister being a barrister pointed out that 99% of the time a policeman would do nothing except possibly move you on for street riding, but if you happened to get a really pissed off officer, who was having a bad day you could eventually end up with a criminal record, something that can effect your future. She said if one member of the public feels threatened by your actions it's in theory enough to arrest you.

I think this country is starting to go down the sh*tter to be honest. Think of the respect people have for their elders in other countries and compare it with the masses of pikey scum (not pc) we have here. (slightly off point)

Phil

Thank you. Finally someone with valid reasoning. I understand what you're saying about feeling intimidating but it's the uniform more than the individual wearing it. If the person is Assertive then they'll be fair and show you respect no matter who you are but they expect respect in return and for you to take them seriously.

I didnt know this......

All PCSOs will have the following powers:

... Issuing of fixed penalty notices (e.g. riding on footpath; dog fouling; litter)

... Power to confiscate alcohol and tobacco

... Power to demand the name and address of a person acting in an anti-social manner

... Power of entry to save life or prevent damage

... Removal of abandoned vehicles

I didnt know this......

All PCSOs will have the following powers:

... Issuing of fixed penalty notices (e.g. riding on footpath; dog fouling; litter)

... Power to confiscate alcohol and tobacco

... Power to demand the name and address of a person acting in an anti-social manner

... Power of entry to save life or prevent damage

... Removal of abandoned vehicles

We also have the power to stop people when riding and "don't quote me on this" but I think in the Met we're now able to stop cars as well but that'll come later in training...

the was something going round that instead of cuffing you they use cable ties instead

Haha! News to me but some forces have additional powers. Like the British Transport Police PCSO's have the power of arrest but then again we all do in our right to "Civilian Arrest" someone when a crime has been committed... We do a lot of work in reality and aren't just paid to walk the streets causing a nuisance to people we stop and fine and so on... We'll attend meetings with the public to try resolve issues and also visit victims of crime to offer additional support or advice on how to secure their premises. In other words prevention of crime. You'll be surpised how many people will tell you how much of a deterrent you've been just by standing at the school gate during home time.

A lot of officers use the term in an argument that "you may be in a gang, but we've got the biggest gang around", but it's true in the sense all it takes is the push of a button and you can have the whole borough's rapid response team there with you when needed.

A little cheesy though I must say lol

so what are the conditions for 'civilian arrests'?

As of this moment I'm unsure as we haven't covered it in class but as soon as we do I'll update...

As for the arresting a PCSO, they'll probably use their officer safety training and act in self defence as you'll have man handled them thus assualting them. lol

As of this moment I'm unsure as we haven't covered it in class but as soon as we do I'll update...

As for the arresting a PCSO, they'll probably use their officer safety training and act in self defence as you'll have man handled them thus assualting them. lol

so if they touched me, then thats assult too and i can lay them out using reasonable force?

why dont they give you guns? When i was in america they were getting them out on the side of the road and comparing them

LoL. It would be funny if the boss says ''here you go PCSO #12345, here's your ak47, go and catch a criminal''

so if they touched me, then thats assult too and i can lay them out using reasonable force?

lol (Y)

why dont they give you guns? When i was in america they were getting them out on the side of the road and comparing them

Alot of officers don't want to be issued with a gun as they don't feel capable of pulling the trigger and don't feel the need of a gun whilst on their dutys

The only reason they'd have for touching you would be if you became threatening and after warning you they would then feel their safety was paramount. That in it's self is enough reason for them to use self defence and so you "laying them out using reasonable force" would then be assualt on an officer of the law

What the f**k is everyones problem with the police/ PCSO's ? Everyone always seems to bitch about Them, are you forgetting that they put rapists/murderers/burgalers etc in prison to protect US ? Granted, you do get the occasial Idiot that wants to be pedantic and arrest you for dropping litter etc but there not all bad, infact, not many of them are.

People these days seem to have no respect what so ever for the police and have adapted a stereo typical view of them based on some of the bad/annoying things they do.

If you think about it, the majoroty of officers are friendly and aren't c**ts like some/most people think.

People say stuff like 'They pull people over for speeding when they should be catching murders' and shit like that, ever considered that not every police station has murderers ect to catch ? Things like speeding and stuff aren't quite as serious as things like murder and stuff no, but people do die/ get seriously injured by silly things like that.

I, for one do respect the police force and must say, i wouldn't want to do there job, Takes guts and props for that (Y)

Any way, just my 2 pence worth..