Police!

Trials is a dangerous sport and even though you are putting your self at risk of getting injured you are also putting other people are risk to some extent and also causing damage to public property.

Whether we like it or not it IS illegal and its more than fair that the police move us on tbf i would rather be moved on than be fine. my advice to anyone on this forum would be stay away for busy areas,town centers and police stations.

its a shame really because quite a large number of the public do enjoy watching us ride :(

The issue I have with pcso's is the lack of things they do. I know they are supposed to be there to reassure and support the community but you never see a pcso doing any of that. if anything they are there because there aren't enough 'real' police officers to deal with these little things aswell as the big ones. I don't see how the pcso's can't be trained as full coppers that can actually do something about the minor crimes happening around the area.

as for the police being the biggest gang around lol in my town there are 10-20 police officers working at one time sometimes it's as low as 8. none of them are armed responses and only one of them has a dog.

there are also in the region of 5 or 6 'gangs' each with around about 20 people in them. you might be able to get alot more of you there but it takes time and in that time we could have started a full blown riot.

still i like the police and i want to join in about 6-8 years

What the f**k is everyones problem with the police/ PCSO's ? Everyone always seems to bitch about Them, are you forgetting that they put rapists/murderers/burgalers etc in prison to protect US ? Granted, you do get the occasial Idiot that wants to be pedantic and arrest you for dropping litter etc but there not all bad, infact, not many of them are.

People these days seem to have no respect what so ever for the police and have adapted a stereo typical view of them based on some of the bad/annoying things they do.

If you think about it, the majoroty of officers are friendly and aren't c**ts like some/most people think.

People say stuff like 'They pull people over for speeding when they should be catching murders' and shit like that, ever considered that not every police station has murderers ect to catch ? Things like speeding and stuff aren't quite as serious as things like murder and stuff no, but people do die/ get seriously injured by silly things like that.

I, for one do respect the police force and must say, i wouldn't want to do there job, Takes guts and props for that (Y)

Any way, just my 2 pence worth..

On the back of that... I don't think the media itself help matters. The Daily Mail are very critical of what we do and in fact blow things out of proportion. An example being the incident involving the child drowning in the lake and the two PCSO's just stood there watching... What the paper didn't state was that the child was submerged under the water and so pinpointing their exact location was near on impossible in the murky waters. Also we're told not to put ourselves at risks by diving into the water as after all we all put ourselves at number one as it's only natural to do so. We all as humans have the right to life and to prevent the loss of life but just because the two PCSO's didn't dive into the water they were there radioing for back up and to direct all resources to the location and therefore that is still preventing the loss of life...

Like I said unfortunatly the papers don't tend to agree...

Thought i might just add regarding the gun shizzle,

Last year, i went on holiday to ibiza, whilst there we were sat on our balcony having a quiet drinka nd there was a boy (12-16ish ?), he was obviously drunk/tipsy and he was going round, and kicking the cars.

Three officers ran up behind him (5-10 minutes after he had done this, was just wandering around ) and Jumped on him.

They then proceded to kick the living shit out of him to the point where an ambulance had to be called, one of the police officers had a gun about "10 from his mouth and was shouting (assuming it was spanish ?), in all my life i don't think i've ever seen some one so scared, turns out the boy was let of with no charges but was in hospital for about 2 weeks with multiple injuries.

Just goes to show, Our officers aren't that bad and Imo guns are Bad (Y)

The issue I have with pcso's is the lack of things they do. I know they are supposed to be there to reassure and support the community but you never see a pcso doing any of that. if anything they are there because there aren't enough 'real' police officers to deal with these little things aswell as the big ones. I don't see how the pcso's can't be trained as full coppers that can actually do something about the minor crimes happening around the area.

as for the police being the biggest gang around lol in my town there are 10-20 police officers working at one time sometimes it's as low as 8. none of them are armed responses and only one of them has a dog.

there are also in the region of 5 or 6 'gangs' each with around about 20 people in them. you might be able to get alot more of you there but it takes time and in that time we could have started a full blown riot.

still i like the police and i want to join in about 6-8 years

The biggest gang thing mainly refers to london as we're the biggest Force (sorry it's service now it's gone all PC) in the world. There is approximately 50,000 employees in the MET whereas in the Greater Manchester Police Force there are only approx. 36,000 employees...

I don't know how different it is where you live but PCSO's have made a big difference here in London and the surrounding area. We're a high visibility presence and are infact a deterrent and our main task is to gather intelligence for the reasons i stated earlier in the topic. An example is the Tiger Tiger night club incident in the West End last year... The terrorist car bomb parked outside the night club Tiger Tiger. Although the London Ambulance Service were the first to spot the car and alert the police, the first on scene was infact a Sergeant and 5 PCSO's from his team. They assessed the situation and then set up a cordon and evacuated the premises. In the back of the car was 5 gas cylinders connected up to two mobile phones on the front seat of the car and on the floor and scattered around the inside of the car was nails. The idea being that the terrorist would ring the phones and the spark would set off an explosion so powerful it would have completely destroyed the block and considering the Tiger Tiger nightclub had 1700 revelers that night that could easily have been at least 2000 casualties and a horrific number of fatalities. During the whole thing both phones received 6 missed calls and it was only by sheer luck and the terrorists stupidity that he'd got the gas to oxygen mix wrong and it hadn't detonated.

So we as PCSO's especially here in london have alot to deal with and do play a major role in making where we live a safer place.

The biggest gang thing mainly refers to london as we're the biggest Force (sorry it's service now it's gone all PC) in the world. There is approximately 50,000 employees in the MET whereas in the Greater Manchester Police Force there are only approx. 36,000 employees...

I don't know how different it is where you live but PCSO's have made a big difference here in London and the surrounding area. We're a high visibility presence and are infact a deterrent and our main task is to gather intelligence for the reasons i stated earlier in the topic. An example is the Tiger Tiger night club incident in the West End last year... The terrorist car bomb parked outside the night club Tiger Tiger. Although the London Ambulance Service were the first to spot the car and alert the police, the first on scene was infact a Sergeant and 5 PCSO's from his team. They assessed the situation and then set up a cordon and evacuated the premises. In the back of the car was 5 gas cylinders connected up to two mobile phones on the front seat of the car and on the floor and scattered around the inside of the car was nails. The idea being that the terrorist would ring the phones and the spark would set off an explosion so powerful it would have completely destroyed the block and considering the Tiger Tiger nightclub had 1700 revelers that night that could easily have been at least 2000 casualties and a horrific number of fatalities. During the whole thing both phones received 6 missed calls and it was only by sheer luck and the terrorists stupidity that he'd got the gas to oxygen mix wrong and it hadn't detonated.

So we as PCSO's especially here in london have alot to deal with and do play a major role in making where we live a safer place.

Ok, now im 50/50. i dont mind PCSO's because if i was in any danger i would go to them straight away. On the other hand they tell us trial riders to move on. so im not really against them and im not for them.

Ok, now im 50/50. i dont mind PCSO's because if i was in any danger i would go to them straight away. On the other hand they tell us trial riders to move on. so im not really against them and im not for them.

It's a tough thing... I wouldn't take it personally as they're supposed to stop anyone riding on the pavements but it just so happens as Trials seems to generally be ridden on pavements and so on that we're easy pickings but thats just part of riding trials now really...

I can't really ride anymore myself... How can I dish out a fine for riding on the pavement and then later that day go home and get given a ticket for riding on the pavement myself... It compromises my job and I'll get pulled up on it and if it carried on I'd lose my job. When you sign up for the Police, people don't realise you actually end up letting them rule your life in a way... My shifts compromise of 7 and 6 day weeks and if need be my rest days canceled for any reason they like... If you're a regular officer then you have to carry your warrant card around with you at all times and if need be arrest a person anywhere in Great Britain.

So you're always giving and required to give even when off duty...

I see what your saying and I know what your there to do. But I really do think pcso's should just be trained as full police officers i know it costs to much but there is a need.

Alot of forces prefer for people to go through training as a PCSO and then complete their years probation as a PCSO before settling themselves on a career in the Police. I'd ideally like to join the London Fire Brigade but it's so near on impossible to get an application pack let alone an interview that I've opted for a role as a PCSO as it should help me get the interview and I can refer back to experiences I've had during my time as a PCSO. If I don't make it into the Fire Brigade for whatever reason then providing I enjoyed what I did, I'd be looking to join as a Regular but alot of PCSO's enjoy the role so much as they get a sense of pride actually being out there just helping the community and dealing with people in a friendly manor and assisting them whereas if you was a regular, you're behind your desk most the day filling out paperwork and so see less of the community and more of the bad guys as your role is confrontational.

It's probably not really making sense what I'm saying but I've been college all day training so I'm a bit tired but hopefully somewhere in that jargon is my point lol.

Initially I didn't realise what PCSO's were. My post was concerning police officers.

Now I consider PCSO's I agree with what has been said.

I can't help but think their ENTIRE role was created by the goverment to control the masses of pikey kids found in the UK as they have no power to do anything else. I also don't think they are respected enough to do their job properly. I'm too tired to justify my rash claims right now but they are my thoughts.

Phil

theres pikeys in my local pub and although they fight on and beat people up, theyre in there every friday without fail.

i see police use the term 'proper criminals' not loosely.

also i dont understand this p.s.c.o. my mate is a volonteer officer and she gets warrants to raid peoples houses all the time, and make arrests. i was under the impression the community support officers could do all this?

ive maybe just twigged pcso stands for something community support officer

I don't hate the police; and I don't agree with anyone that does. Its a tough job with a lot of dedication. There is one PCSO in Nottingham who is excellent; he's an ex-skateboarder and he basically called me over when I was riding on the big waterfall thing.

He just explained that I can't do it because there are a lot people around who don't like me riding on it and will complain about it. And he said that he knows what the tempation is like to ride on things being an ex-skater.

But yea, he was ok. Sat and talked to him for about 20 minutes which was great. Far better than the usual 'get off it or I'll arrest you' approach. Some cops can seem a bit power mad though...But I suppose its a stressful job.

I don't hate the police; and I don't agree with anyone that does. Its a tough job with a lot of dedication. There is one PCSO in Nottingham who is excellent; he's an ex-skateboarder and he basically called me over when I was riding on the big waterfall thing.

He just explained that I can't do it because there are a lot people around who don't like me riding on it and will complain about it. And he said that he knows what the tempation is like to ride on things being an ex-skater.

But yea, he was ok. Sat and talked to him for about 20 minutes which was great. Far better than the usual 'get off it or I'll arrest you' approach. Some cops can seem a bit power mad though...But I suppose its a stressful job.

Talking nicely and giving warnings to trials riders rather than giving us fines is a better way for trials riders to like police more:)

Talking nicely and giving warnings to trials riders rather than giving us fines is a better way for trials riders to like police more:)

Which is what we're taught to do. Instead of going in and being aggressive and irrational won't help matters and if anything will make you aggressive towards us which is why we go in and pursuade you to move on and warn you instead of just giving you the fine...

whats the worst can happen if you dont pay a fine?

Bigger fines, leading on to bigger fines, leading on to a whole load of other shit. You're basically better off just paying the £30 fine.

I live in central London, and to get to any decent riding spots I have to ride straight past a major police station, so it's road-only for me. I used to only ever ride on the pavement, but now I've just been riding on the road it's approx. 1000 times better, just because you can go so much quicker without worrying about f**ktards stepping out in front of you.

I completely agree that some officers need to change their attitudes towards people. Last year a police officer pulled his car up at the side of the road in front of me as i was riding along the pavement and got out the car shouting at me to stop, which i did. He told me that i shouldn't be riding on the pavement as i could injure a pedestrian (fair enough, it was nearly half one in the morning in between two villages :lol:) and that he'd be issuing me with a fine. I tried to explain that the path was in fact part of a dedicated cycle path but he refused to listen and wanted to issue the fine anyway. After trying to explain my case a bit more he told me if i didn't cooperate he'd arrest me.

Being on a jump bike i took the opportunity to ride off as fast as i could as soon as he went to walk towards his car to answer the radio on his shoulder. Through the nearby school field and out of one of the back entrances and i was home free. Just made sure not to ride that bike again for a couple of weeks.

While i wouldn't suggest anyone else doing this, i felt i had no other choice. I'm not paying because someones had a bad day and can't admit he's wrong.