What Mod Frame For This Riding Style Help please!

Hi im wondering if anyone can help me with confirming my choice for a new mod frame and forks?

My riding style tends to be big rolling bunny hops for my big ups, But im also mainly a natural rider and often favour the big power moves like surges ( prob my favourite way of getting up stuff) and sidehops and generally flicking the bike around, im a smooth rider so i dont need something stupidly over built but it doesnt want to be too light as im 14.5st.

Bikes i have previously used have been koxx levelboss 1065 26" guise which was ok but not so easy to hop

Koxx 20" bike from bout 2 years ago cant remember which model it was but it had front disc from factory and was not the XTP

that was really nice though,

Just i been out of the sport for a few years and there are now so many little companies popping up everywhere i just dunno where to start!!

Oh and i prefer being on two wheels as oposed to back wheel. if i can shoot through a section on two wheel without ever goin on back wheel i will,..... two wheels equals double grip lol

Any help will be much apreciated

Thanks

Monty 221 ti ?

Bunnyhop a mile, the ti's would be my natty steed of choice, really flicky and just a great bike to ride!

Only downside is the price, and they can and will snap if you give it a real bashing.

Look on eBay for a second hand one, or on here in the classifieds, make sure you get lots of pictures and that they are not too badly damaged or cracked.

Could alwaays go for a 221 pr if you can't afford a ti, far cheaper and same geo, just not as ridiculously light :)

Matt

Echo Lite? I have the same style as you, I hate sidehops and prefer to go straight up everything.

The geos excellent, the weight is good, they are very stiff and strong, and fairly cheap compared to other compy type frames.

Echo Lite? I have the same style as you, I hate sidehops and prefer to go straight up everything.

The geos excellent, the weight is good, they are very stiff and strong, and fairly cheap compared to other compy type frames.

:P I swear you are trying to get every rider to ride a Lite :P

But that's fine because i had 1 and it was lush, pretty smooth and very light.

But it didnt sidehop aswell as my GU.

Or my mate's Koxx Hosel.

But it did side better than my Monty 221ti and 221pr.

For your style, get a lite from my experiences.

Edited by georgieporgie

:P I swear you are trying to get every rider to ride a Lite :P

But that's fine because i had 1 and it was lush, pretty smooth and very light.

But it didnt sidehop aswell as my GU.

Or my mate's Koxx Hosel.

But it did side better than my Monty 221ti and 221pr.

For your style, get a light from my experiences.

Nah, I thought it would fit his criteria pretty well. :P

Also look at the GU LE, the geo seems quite in between a long and a short sort of frame. If that's what you're after.

Tha Czars also look pretty good, and not many have broken I don't think so they are pretty strong.

Oh also did i mention the nedd to run a rear disc for comp duties lol the echo lite looks really sweet!!!!!!!!! do they do a rear disc version.

And for forks is it best just to use echo lite ones as i asume they will give the best geometry or are there any better ones???

And thankyou all for all your help so far.

Hi, I would suggest the monty 221ti or the 221pr, Or the new echo lite. This is because my friend has recently purchased a monty 221pr and i find it really easy to sidehop, bunnyhop and throw around where i want it. I would suggest it for competition use because it was designed for competing in natural events and it feels really responsive and easy to throw around compared to other bikes i have ridden. I would also suggest the echo lite 2008 because the reviews on them seem good and in my opinion it is a frame with good looks aswell as a frame that looks strong. Both the Echo and both the montys come in rear disk versions and i would highly reccomend both of the frames. Cheers.

Sam (Y)

Yes i do, i was keen on getting a echo lite but rode on a short xtp 20" this weekend and fell in love with it its a double disc lil beauty.. i'm a coasty hopper too. i have a 26 at the moment but want rid for another mod

also is ther room for 1 more on that ride on weds? ive not riden that quarry!!

the echo lite was found on here trials forum its in derbyshire and is full bike for 400 snoops

the echo team is in wado for 250 snoops but needs a new back rim and another 200-300 pounds spending on it to be good.

Edited by tobiasmaxximus