Ffw Setup Help

abtrials

i have echo forged cranks, bionic bash , eno and moe isis bb, i have set this all up and there is a wobble in the cranks (where the frewheel is) like the bb is bent? (it is brand new) is this a common fault or not?

i have echo forged cranks, bionic bash , eno and moe isis bb, i have set this all up and there is a wobble in the cranks (where the frewheel is) like the bb is bent? (it is brand new) is this a common fault or not?

does the freewheel move accross and back when the cranks are spinning ?if so this will help me too because mine do this too.

steve

Chances are its simply low machining tollerences.

The parts of the freewheel wont be perfeclty round, when stuck together they will hyave high and low points, causing things like this.

The same reason most drivetrain set ups have tight spots in the chain as the cranks are rotated

freewheels are normally pretty straight, however the cranks are often machined *sliiiightly* off thus giving the side to side movment in the free wheel when the cranks are slpinning.

That says alot about Deng's standards then, because my set of forged cranks do this and apperently so does 'ABTRIALS1's.

well matey i have the same cranks with a tensile freewheel and they do the same thing, but i just ignored it and everything is fine you can't even feel it when you ride so i would'nt worrie dude

cam. (Y)

Edited by cam217

I had a set of Echo Forged 160mm Square Taper cranks, and they did the thing which you describe. It is simply because the tapers and the ffw thread are not aligned perfectly with one another. I suggest that you forget about it and just use them, as it won't have any effect over the way the bike rides, apart from the tension in the chain, which is bloody infuriating because when the chain is on it's slack point, it takes more of a pedal revolution to tension the chain and engage the freewheel.

I just ride my bike if I were you, as I did for over a year when mine did this. (Y)