Xc Cranks

CurtisRider

Right i've got myself a bianchi and i need some cranks for xc/hacking about, not jumping, but i am fat and they need to take my harshness :P

I really would rather spend as little as possible as i don't really care so much for pimpness nowadays, however i will pay as much as i need to for durability and low weight if its possible (i know cheap, light and strong don't happen often!)

They need to be triple ring of course, and a bb recommended to suit would be handy!

I'm gonna go with chain reaction due to free postage and them always being reliable, so recommendations from there please! I also have access to a 113 isis bb too if thats going to help the budget!

just to set a guideline, round the 50 mark, preferably not over 70. I also would like to order them tonight/tomorrow morning, so replies soon would be appreciated :)

Cheers!

Shimano Hones

Truvative Firex

The Truvative Forex cranks came on my XC bike when I bought it just over 2 years ago. I have had to replace the BB but otherwise the cranks have been fine.

I would probably go for the Shimano Hones (Y)

cheers for the suggestions, i felt the hones would be a little too hardcore for me! i had saints on m kona stinky and they were awesome but very weighty. I went with the stylos in the end which were the ones above the firex cranks, only a fiver more and nearly double the rrp, better hope they will suffice! got new bars too :D woop!

Just get Deores. They're stupidly cheap for what you get. Cranks + 3 rings + BB for £45

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=22924

I don't think those old Octalink XTs are a good idea. It's a completely outdated (and inferior) BB system which no one uses any more, so replacing the BB will just be more effort. If you want to go for the Hollowtech II XTs or LX, they're pretty good though. The new XT ones look really pimp, but they're a bit out of your budget (£90).

EDIT: Oops, too late. Never mind.

Yeah, I've got some Truvativs which came on my bike, they seem fine. They're not especially bling (neither are the deores) but I've had no problem. Except the left crank falling off at inopportune moments... If you take it off (and break the loctite) make sure you put some more on!

Although if you've not got the 'they're dispatched' email from CRC, you could always give them a ring and change it if you wanted, they're very helpful.

EDIT: The Truvativ ones come with a BB too you know. They look pretty bargainous considering the RRP (Y)