26" Rims And Brakes

Rant1rave

Having decided to go with the 26" option over 24" i was wondering what would be a good 26" rim. I thought the 2007 echo rear looked pretty nice but that is probably due to the rad selection of colours it comes in :shifty: . what rims do you guys think would be the best bet for a reasonably light, pretty strong rear rim. Awsome colours are definately a bonus too. Also what makes the echo version of the HS33 over twice as much as maguras one. Is it twice as good ?

Cheers Guys

Despite the weight of the echo rim, that's what alot of street riders use because of their immense strength!

If you're gonna be using it for a while then get one, try-alls can get a bit raped after a few major slams.

With regard to the Echo brake, they only cost a few quid more than a fully pimped magura! They have cnc'd lever body and cylinders so look better imo.

A fair few of them have leaked badly, but mainly when bled with water which they aren't designed for! I used one for around a year and it was really good! Alot of people on here seem to put them down despite having never owned/ used one over a decent period of time.

Matt

Edited by Skoze

The echo brake is just as good as a maggie but looks better in my opinion(others may think differant)

The echo rims are good but i would saythe tryal ones are better!

wrong

deng = leak

maggie = snap eventually

depends if you want to bleed your brake every ride or just accept you buy a new maggie once in a while

That made so much sense

If maggie snap and deng leek then what brake doyou (N) use apart from vee and i dont think he wants a vee!

Some dengs leek but so do maggies its bound to seals dont last for ever.

So no i wasnt wrong thanks!

in my experiance revell and 24bicycle rims are fairly strong,both have eyeletted spoke holes wich add to the strenght of the wheel build.at the moment im running a undrilled ronnie rear rim,its 38mm wide and seems to be dtrong as feck,yes its a heavy rim(heavier than a echo 07) but its been fine and hasnt buckled atall in over a months worth of riding by the most unsmooth trials rider in the world.the ronnie rim also grind well (Y)

i can only comment on maggies as i have never used a dengura,but i would say maggies are fine aslong as you keep a eye on them and upgrade a few parts,e.g pads,tpa and lever pin(like attach a bolt to it )

hope i have helped,steve