Profile Hubs

stuie

hello there lovely people on the trials forum.

i have a profile mini on the back of my 24seven and i feel like the 16th is to big and want a 15th, has anyone before changed 1 them selfs as it looks to me like the driver is all 1 bit.

thanks for the help if anyone knows anything on the subject

x

Got a profile on my bmx and Im pretty sure you just undo the lockring with a big spanner & chainwhip. The sprockets are splined onto the cassette body (well it wouldnt be a cassette hub otherwise duh!). Pity you dont want to try a 16t as I have a spare one here :)

Ok, after a little digging I can confirm that if you're running anything over about 11T (which use the one piece driver) the sprocket just sits on a splined cassette body.

38step5.jpg

So yeah, you should be able to just unbolt the locknut thing that's keeping the cog on and slide it off to replace with the 15T. Instructions here.

if youve got a local bikeshop take it there because you will need a lockring tool . you can use molgrips but they normally just eat away away at it

yes the driver is a full piece that sits in the hubshell. oh and the sprockets are splined

leon

A decent quality large adjustable will do the trick, if not the careful application of a vice :D

hello there lovely people on the trials forum.

i have a profile mini on the back of my 24seven and i feel like the 16th is to big and want a 15th, has anyone before changed 1 them selfs as it looks to me like the driver is all 1 bit.

thanks for the help if anyone knows anything on the subject

x

When you say too big do you mean too hard to pedal? If thats the case then putting a "15t" cog on the rear will make the gear feel even harder.

When you say too big do you mean too hard to pedal? If thats the case then putting a "15t" cog on the rear will make the gear feel even harder.

no i mean the cogs too big so gearing is to easy...i used to work in a bike shop but neva worked on a profile hub so i thought i better just ask...dave (action man) lol you kno who you are like i sed on msn earlier you a net nerd lol.

thanks to you all...i will try and keep you psoted lol

x